Gorbees vw trike

Just a few words to Introduce youself
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Gorbees vw trike

Post by gorbee01279 »

Skidmark wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:31 pm mine is the same, swing axle gearbox with drums, everything new to start with, brakes stop me eventually but will never excellent, have plans to fit remote servo driven off a vac pump just so I don't have to stand on the brake peddle and yes like you been all through the length ratio of peddle, brake lines, changed brake cylinders and even up graded the master cylinder diameter, have a disc brake conversion kit but unable to fit as mud guard mounts are in the way so either I remount the mud guards or stick with drums.
sounds like you've done as much as me to no avail, our set up is a proven system & works on other trikes so we must be doing something wrong somewhere i had exactly the same master cylinder on my previous trike with the standard motorcycle foot brake lever which had less leverage but still worked fine on a reliant B axle.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Skidmark wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:24 pm thats a start but at least I wont have to stand on the brake peddle for sh!t brakes and it will not be so hard on my knee when pressing it
How did you get it through the MOT like that????
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

I can lock up the rear wheels on Herman very easy. Post a picture of your pedal from the side
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

Hi gorby i have my brake lines made up by a company called think automotive in surrey 02085681172 real helpful people when i picked up the lines for my trike the had developed a new product that stores a percentage of the pressure in some way to help boost brake efficiency not sure how but may be worth a look or a chat with them.www.thinkauto,com
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Deep Diver wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm I can lock up the rear wheels on Herman very easy. Post a picture of your pedal from the side
Will do tomorrow morning.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

old git wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:36 pm Hi gorby i have my brake lines made up by a company called think automotive in surrey 02085681172 real helpful people when i picked up the lines for my trike the had developed a new product that stores a percentage of the pressure in some way to help boost brake efficiency not sure how but may be worth a look or a chat with them.www.thinkauto,com
Thanks old git will look into them.
Mal

Post by Mal »

I may be barking up the wrong tree but i seem to remember something about this way back. Is it possible the master cyl bore is too big, bit like in gearing, big cog turning small cog, plenty speed not much power. Small cog turning big cog, lower speed, more power. As i say if i,m talking bo***cks then please ignore. Again i,m not sure but if Barry checks i think the Krauter has standard Beetle master cyl, what bore i dont know. Hope this helps :hide:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Mal wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 pm I may be barking up the wrong tree but i seem to remember something about this way back. Is it possible the master cyl bore is too big, bit like in gearing, big cog turning small cog, plenty speed not much power. Small cog turning big cog, lower speed, more power. As i say if i,m talking bo***cks then please ignore. Again i,m not sure but if Barry checks i think the Krauter has standard Beetle master cyl, what bore i dont know. Hope this helps :hide:
Your right Mal Herman has the duel circuit vw master cylinder, mine has the land rover type with the 3/4 inch bore which is the most commonly used type on motorcycle trikes & has been fitted to two of my last trikes to date & worked well, will post a pic tomorrow, seems this type was fitted from day one of the build in 2000 but may well end up using a vw one if i can't get to the bottom of this problem :hide:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Forgot to say Barry said his cylinder bore is around 19mm the one i fitted today is 3/4 inch which is as near to 19mm your going to get so it aint that,scrub vw cylinder idea.
Mal

Post by Mal »

B***er