Old bloke now with trike

Just a few words to Introduce youself
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: Old bloke now with trike

Post by Kawazuki »

terryt wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:30 pm Sounds good. may need the air pilot screws adjusting a little bit
@7k it should be well on the main. If the engine is essentially std - why change the needle unless it and the emulsion tube are worn . . . . and that wouldn't lead to under-fueling! Guesstimated fuel tuning doesn't work / takes too long / costs too much time/money - find a car rolling road dyno, ask for a power run with air fuel check - this will tell what is going on all, for about £30-40.
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

What speed was you doing to get up to 7k revs ?
southernscouse

Post by southernscouse »

Speed at 7thou was just over 70 I have no interest in going much faster just want a reliable plodder but with a smooth progression
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

You may want to check your diff ratio or wheel size. my gl1000 at 70 was about 3.800 on a 3.23 diff and my g1500 at 70 is 3600 on a 3.05 diff. both were on 205/55/15 wheels and tyres
southernscouse

Post by southernscouse »

Thanks for the replies when I got it up to 70 @7000rpm I can not remember what gear I was in (senile) tyres are 195/65/15
We're do I find the letter stamp on the axle everything is coated in paint
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

Hi on the back of the axle there may be some markings some numbers or letters stamped on the flat part. A 3.23-- B 2.72. unfortunately some didn't have any marking at all.
axle_LI.jpg
There is a way of checking by jacking up one side. put a mark on the wheel and prop shaft and rotate the rear wheel two turns at the same time count how many times the shaft rotates this will give you a idea of the ratio.

If you have any problems Im only in Cosham so when this lock down is over I will check if for you. also may be go for a breakfast run
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
southernscouse

Post by southernscouse »

Thanks for the photo I am know proud owner of a A 82884 axle
southernscouse

Post by southernscouse »

Getting to take trike out a bit more went for a run to Chichester in top gear it will do 60 @ 5000 rpm this seems ok to me
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

That sounds good enjoy iy while we got the weather although its been raining today . I've got another 3 weeks unless they change it before im out riding