Post by Twanny »

lepchaun wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:35 amWelcome
Thanks

:thumbsup:
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Re: Hello and thanks

Post by ratwing »

Twanny wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:22 pm This time I will be setting off from Malta on my Nomad, heading towards Sicily (via ferry) and then a long trek to a rally in Galicia in Spain, via Italy, France , Monaco (maybe Andorra) then Spain through Barcelona. Journey back to Malta via Portugal, Spain, Sardinia, Italy (Naples) , Sicily and finish in Malta. I know its not everybody's kettle of fish but it gets me out of washing dishes and doing house chores :thumbsup: .
That's quite a trip, you'll have to let us see the pictures :)
Twanny

Post by Twanny »

ratwing wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:34 pm
Twanny wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:22 pm This time I will be setting off from Malta on my Nomad, heading towards Sicily (via ferry) and then a long trek to a rally in Galicia in Spain, via Italy, France , Monaco (maybe Andorra) then Spain through Barcelona. Journey back to Malta via Portugal, Spain, Sardinia, Italy (Naples) , Sicily and finish in Malta. I know its not everybody's kettle of fish but it gets me out of washing dishes and doing house chores :thumbsup: .
That's quite a trip, you'll have to let us see the pictures :)
Yes, I will. I dont take many pictures really But I do sometimes of the friends I meet along the way. I done this trip a few times now so maybe skip the touristy bit lol. Tried to send you a PM but as yet I am not allowed. Never mind . Maybe load a few photos of the Eastern Europe trip I done last year starting from Malta up Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Serbia , North Macedonia, Greece back to Italy (Brindisi) and Sicily then Malta. I will dig some up.

Cheers
:drink:
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

Twanny wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:24 pm
1130cc wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:22 am Welcome to the forums.

There are some threads that cover reverse gear units on here, but beware they are expensive.

Thanks for the heads up. I was made aware already by the prices and a Quaife gearbox will set me back around £1500 inclusive. I was looking into the Starter Motor/Gear wheel approach which as a guesstimate maybe cost around a quarter of that.

The Goldwing 1500 has the starter motor reverse
Twanny

Post by Twanny »

lepchaun wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:03 am
Twanny wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:24 pm
1130cc wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:22 am Welcome to the forums.

There are some threads that cover reverse gear units on here, but beware they are expensive.

Thanks for the heads up. I was made aware already by the prices and a Quaife gearbox will set me back around £1500 inclusive. I was looking into the Starter Motor/Gear wheel approach which as a guesstimate maybe cost around a quarter of that.

The Goldwing 1500 has the starter motor reverse
Thanks Lepchaun, I found that out this weekend searching on the internet. Now to find how I can get hold of one and fit it to my VN1500 prop shaft. :thumbsup: . But first of all I need to find out how it looks and work out a plan.

Thanks.