Brake pads for Rewaco RF1 LT3

Chat about Trikes
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: Brake pads for Rewaco RF1 LT3

Post by Kawazuki »

Same pad - different material. HH's are sintered material - hard, wears out disks, stops better. Non HH is 'plain organic' - softer, doesn't wear discs as bad, stops ok. IMO as a biker pads are cheap compared to discs - both materials wear about the same but I don't consider discs to be consumables.
Mal
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Mal »

Yep, good call.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

Just looked and the bmw ones have 2 holes and yours only 1 hole. Funny how the same caliper make is drilled different.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Kawazuki wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 am Same pad - different material. HH's are sintered material - hard, wears out disks, stops better. Non HH is 'plain organic' - softer, doesn't wear discs as bad, stops ok. IMO as a biker pads are cheap compared to discs - both materials wear about the same but I don't consider discs to be consumables.
I'm with you on that one, set of pads for the bike rear disc £20 new disc £157, i always use the softer pads and never had to buy discs, what really winds me up is a pair of huge vented discs for the car are only £68 a pair and they usually last 100,000 miles.
Baddon

Post by Baddon »

I just changed mine today

Used the EBC brand FA047 These are 7mm thick, the letters after the FA047 are two different thicknesses.
If your not living life on the edge your taking up to much room