"Puka Reliant Trike"...LOL

Chat about Trikes
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: "Puka Reliant Trike"...LOL

Post by Kawazuki »

Jody wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:23 pm On the Reliant theme. Does anyone know if they run OK on E10 fuel?
You've got to be kidding! The engine was designed to run with lead let alone % of ethanol shite in the fuel! Ethanol doesn't play well with carb based induction. They really need steel exh. valve seats and use of E5 or E0 if you use Esso super fuel.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

Jody wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:23 pm On the Reliant theme. Does anyone know if they run OK on E10 fuel?
world-of-reliant.org seems undecided so maybe one of the Reliant tuners out there might have a definitive answer for your specific engine?
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

Ye road of life is like a fine wench...they both have soft shoulders and some dangerous curves. Travel/ride with care! :eek:
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

Pikey Hagar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 am This link might help 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge2PZIX1oM
Great find :thumbsup:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

Deep Diver wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:11 am
Pikey Hagar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 am This link might help 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge2PZIX1oM
Great find :thumbsup:
Quite a good site me thinks
Ye road of life is like a fine wench...they both have soft shoulders and some dangerous curves. Travel/ride with care! :eek:
Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

It is, I was told at a minimum the fuel lines need replacing, due to me not knowing how it reacts with zddp or the mineral oil itself and thus the seals, I am not chancing it.
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

Just messaged the main tuner for reliant 750 racing, if he replies I will let you know his thoughts, all the best
Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

Received a reply, he said he has had no experience with e10 but would make sure the valves and their seats would be in good order before using it, another concern would be the seals in the fuel pump, as they swole with the switch to unleaded. To much unknown for me and for how little fuel I use I will stick with super, the repair bill from using e10 could cost more in the long run
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

Unfortunately that leaves you no wiser than before.
Ethanol levels in petrol won't be going down so we've got to adapt and live with it - replacing all your rubber petrol pipes with ethanol-proof from a reliable source (ie from an owners club rather than the cheapest on evilbay) and fitting an ethanol proof float, needle valve etc from Burlen if you've any doubts about your SU carb is a good start.
Something else you could consider if you can't get ethanol proof fueI pump innards is an electric one instead.