"Puka Reliant Trike"...LOL

Chat about Trikes
Ghoulie
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: "Puka Reliant Trike"...LOL

Post by Ghoulie »

My Misty Blue v8 rover engine is from a Vitesse @ ‘85 with high compression, performance cam & Edelbrock 4 barrel carb. Pinks like hell if you try it on 95 ron petrol. Has to be Super 98 or 99 to run with no issues
King Herald

Post by King Herald »

Ghoulie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:02 pm My Misty Blue v8 rover engine is from a Vitesse @ ‘85 with high compression, performance cam & Edelbrock 4 barrel carb. Pinks like hell if you try it on 95 ron petrol. Has to be Super 98 or 99 to run with no issues
You could back the ignition timing off a bit until it stops pinking, if you wanted to run the cheaper juice.

When I built my old Morris hot rod, Rover V8 motor, I set the timing roughly with a strobe, then test drove it up a long gradient on the A5, advancing the timing a bit at a time until it pinked, then I backed it off a couple of degrees.
691AA1D7-7EA6-4C26-9BDE-0BB84B0A0D58.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

Another "road legal" one, I thought it might still be on a VW logbook but no, it's a 1977 Reliant. Won't get picked up at MOT time because it's old enough to not need one - I wonder if these ringers still get seized nowadays?
vw.jpg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204544351408 ... R8qu9diGYw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
King Herald

Post by King Herald »

ratwing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:16 pm Another "road legal" one, I thought it might still be on a VW logbook but no, it's a 1977 Reliant. Won't get picked up at MOT time because it's old enough to not need one - I wonder if these ringers still get seized nowadays?
vw.jpg
As usual, it won't be a problem until it is a problem.

But pick up any custom car or bike mag and they're full of documented and detailed illegal builds, even furnishing the registration, and the builders name, and photos of the 'ringed' vehicle. :thumbsup: DVSA must have their head buried in the sand.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

ratwing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:16 pm Another "road legal" one, I thought it might still be on a VW logbook but no, it's a 1977 Reliant. Won't get picked up at MOT time because it's old enough to not need one - I wonder if these ringers still get seized nowadays?
vw.jpg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204544351408 ... R8qu9diGYw
That one looks well built, so why didn't the builder put it through a msva test. Probably didn't want the cost of the tests
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Or the Q plate - still carries a stigma & some insurance co's still won't touch them!