Down but not forgotten.

Chat about Trikes
DeathBySnuSnu
Part of the Furniture

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

Well it is not some luxury ride by any means.
It is more of a sports bike.
It is a fun run about. Quick on the throttle. Quick handling although a bit heavy on the bars. Loud as all h###. Stiff on the springs.
Bad parts.... Well mostly from being small. It can be scary to hit some huge pot hole with only one rear tire. It is only 4ft wide and the sudden pitching to one side in a hole is scary.
I have been turning an intersection corner at idle in low gear and pot hole one rear tire and accidentally twist some throttle from the sudden side pitch. It will instantly pull enough weight off the front wheel and combined with the 4 spider super diff......It goes straight ahead.
So imagine in the city..... Ho hum .... right turn at this intersection.....bump mid way through...... instant throttle respone.....front tire now well off the ground..... going straight ahead........ directly at the rear door of the other auto at the intersection.
It takes the full "pucker method" to stay with the seat and get on the rear brake, put the front on the ground and turn it away.

And yes I want more hp.
You have to build it before it can be called custom.:hmm:
DeathBySnuSnu
Part of the Furniture

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

Changed my mind about the Camero throttle bodies. Do not like all the extra junk on them and I need pwm idle air instead of stepper.
Gonna use these motorcycle units. They have the injector bosses in them also and no idle air. Going to make the idle air from a seperate ford pwm valve and tube it in.

VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by VmaxRik »

Got to say...you don't do things by half do you. :niceone:

To most this would be an unthinkable nightmare, top man for showing us how it can be done. ;)

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
DeathBySnuSnu
Part of the Furniture

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

Yes well.......
I do tend to over - do things sometimes.

The little girl comes home one day with a block of wood and 4 wheels. She says dad I gotta make a car to race with my youth group at church.
Daddy does this with a block of wood.

Should see some her other things.....lol.
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

THAT....is sooooooo good. Hot rod heaven. :)

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
DeathBySnuSnu
Part of the Furniture

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

She is 11 now and this summer she made the move to full racing. She has raced dirt track ovals all summer. That is where all my effort has been, I am her pit crew...lol

So naturally I had to build her racer.

DeathBySnuSnu
Part of the Furniture

Re: Down but not forgotten.

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

So.....
I got me an 86mm stroker crank and some 5.5 inch chevy h beam rods. Looks like it is gonna be a 2286cc.
swirl

Post by swirl »

definately not doing things by halves love all the pics, what sort of 1/4 mile you running
DeathBySnuSnu
Part of the Furniture

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

I do not truly know. I have never had it on a real race track. I never fully "dump" the clutch. I have so many homemade parts hooking the trans to the engine. So i do feather out the clutch and roll on the power.
So.....
Street racing my buddy with a mid 10 second rocket I can stay right up to his back end but not get beside or around him in any way.
I have super big gearing in vw terms. When a swing axle has 4.38 r&p a late irs has a 4.13 r&p.
I am running a 3.44 r&p and a taller third and taller forth gears.
It is slow to shift compared to a rocket and only has four gears. It is not unusual for him to shift 3 gears just while I am in third alone.
So it is not set up for drag racing but is still pretty darn hot to handle.
swirl

Post by swirl »

Cool