Kawasaki trike

Chat about Trikes
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Kawasaki trike

Post by Deep Diver »

Not a bad price for the gear cluster. Them £1.99 bearings??? check the make as there are loads of cheap ones around of poor quality and soon wear out. Its better to get a Timken or SKF bearing.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

There SKF Barry, so should be OK then in your opinion?
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

gorbee0127 wrote:There SKF Barry, so should be OK then in your opinion?
SKF are good bearings but check that they have the same wording on them.

Mal

Post by Mal »

Caution... chinese do a copy that at a quick glance says SKF, lasted 6 months on Volvo coach :hissyfit:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

I shall be wary then.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

When I want a standard bearing I go to a bearing suppliers. That way you get the real thing, like this lot.

http://www.brammer.co.uk/bearings_seals.htm

Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Word of experience - The jap manufacturers are very good at using very obscure /oddly sized bearings in crucial positions and invariably only available from them! Otherwise, if a choice is available, any SKF or NSK originals get my vote.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Thanks for your comments the pair of you :thumbsup: I used to go to royce bearings based in Harlow but went to enquire the other day and found they had packed up and gone :hissyfit: that's why i went with fleabay. On the same thread though i watched a very interesting video on youtube last night on trike propshaft vibration,can't seem to download it to put on here though :hissyfit: It looks like it could be part of my problem, the angles not being the same at both ends so down to garage on Monday to have a chat about it & double check those angles? i think it may well need the diff twisting up a bit to bring in line with the output bevel? the prop vibrated a lot when i jacked it up at the garage to show the problem.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Hmmm! Props are designed for angular changes due to suspension movement and the UJ's should accommodate some serious misalignment differences without causing vibration - if its been modified i'd guess a balance problem or the UJ's are worn and allowing movement?
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Kawazuki wrote:Hmmm! Props are designed for angular changes due to suspension movement and the UJ's should accommodate some serious misalignment differences without causing vibration - if its been modified i'd guess a balance problem or the UJ's are worn and allowing movement?
UJ's are all good, i made a complete new shaft up last week with all good parts so I know they are good,could be a balancing problem? but i still think it may need the diff lifting higher to bring it in line? UJ's parallel with each other, check that out Monday.If it all lines up OK then it's back to gearbox strip and check the input shaft bearing? would i be right in assuming by taking off the stator cover & other side clutch cover that you can gain access to allow to check for play in the shaft bearings by wiggling clutch basket and stator without taking the engine out????