REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Chat about Trikes
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Post by lepchaun »

HI all theres a lot of questions on registering a trike and there all over the place on different treads so if admin can make a sticky of this then it will be here for anybody to read without to much trouble finding it .
if i miss anything im sure someone will correct me with a bit of tact :hide: :hoofle: :hoofle:

When u think ur trike is ready for registering put it on a trailer and first take it to a weighbrige like a scrapyard and get it,s weight on a printed ticket take the ticket with the trike to a mot center class3 if under 450kg,s and class4 if over 450kg,s when its passed its mot wright a brief letter explaing what u have done and where u bought the parts like .
TO who it concerns i have changed my motorcycle reg xxxxxxx from a 2wheel motorcycle to a 3wheel tricycle the parts i used were bought from a autojumble i did not get any reciets
regards paddy .
Fill in the changes on the v5 log book take 5 photoes of the trike one of the front one of each side one of the frame number and one of the back with the number plate showing then print off all photoes then get the trike insured
Send the v5 the original mot cert the 5 photoes the letter the weight ticket and a copy of the insurance also if u fill in a v10 i think it is called for the tax and a check for the required amount off to the DVLA then wait about 6 weeks for the paper work to come back then start riding ur trike :thumbsup:
Do not send a copy of the mot they will want the original i allways send them recorded for a pound extra they cant say they dident get it thats how i did mine and iv done 2
Hope this will help people out
THE LEP
dave174
Part of the Furniture

Re: REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Post by dave174 »

ITO who it concerns i have changed my motorcycle reg xxxxxxx from a 2wheel motorcycle to a 3wheel tricycle the parts i used were bought from a autojumble i did not get any reciets
regards paddy .

Err Lep your name ain't Paddy :hide: :hoofle: :hoofle: I followed Lep's advice when i registered my trike and had no problems at all. The only thing is when i went to a biilders merchant to get a weigh ticket they wrote it out as they had no printer. I sent it with the rest of my paperwork and they didn't query it so it doesn't matter printed or wrote.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

dave do u think im stupid if i put my name down here il b getting all the v5,s back in my name and look how much trike tax il b paying :hoofle: :hoofle:
dave174
Part of the Furniture

Post by dave174 »

lepchaun wrote:dave do u think im stupid if i put my name down here il b getting all the v5,s back in my name and look how much trike tax il b paying :hoofle: :hoofle:
:hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Instead he's got loads called Paddy chasing him. :hoofle: :hoofle:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

Deep Diver wrote:Instead he's got loads called Paddy chasing him. :hoofle: :hoofle:
A sure enough they will b me brothers looking for there cut :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle:
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

Thanks for the write up Mr Lepchaun.

How long ago did you register said trikes?? Just that I finished building mine about 4 or 5 months back & when I phoned the DVLA to ask what I needed to do they told me the following.....

Get it weighed
MOT
Insurance
Fill out Sec 7 on the V5
Write what you have done
Fill forms V10 & V627/1
Pictures
Monies

Just saying what I was told to do by DVLA....

Justy1000
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

Yes there the foams I filled in. done mine just over a year ago. you will need to sent up photos so they can see its a bolt on to retain the reg plate
mine took about 6 weeks. I have heard it to be quicker and some have chased after 8 weeks

when I sent my paper work up In July. I had arranged for the insurance start on the 1st September and paid for the tax to start then.
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

Mr terryt....

would it be cheeky if I PM'd you at any point to ask for some help if I get stuck filling out the forms? Ive yet to do fill them out. Well Ive started the V627/1 but I think Ive done it wrong......
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Terry is not too far from you either.

I don't work Fridays, either. :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.