REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Chat about Trikes
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Re: REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Post by terryt »

justy1000 wrote:Mr terryt....

would it be cheeky if I PM'd you at any point to ask for some help if I get stuck filling out the forms? Ive yet to do fill them out. Well Ive started the V627/1 but I think Ive done it wrong......
Hi. Yes you can message me or ask me on here. I should have a copy's of my forms here. I will dig them out
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

it was march 2013 when i did my goldwing that was my last on
dave174 done his last year around april time
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

Cheers Mr Terryt. thought it would be polite to ask you first. :thumbsup:

Mr Lepchaun. just wanted to check coz I've spoken to a few people in the past & they've told me one thing only to find out that what they have said is out of date/changed.

Thanks for your replies, It looks like I'm finally getting somewhere now & my interest has started to come back.
Just gunna take a bit of time what with replacing the workshop roof & tying in with my mate who has a trailer when he's not busy for 5 mins. But hey, it's all falling into place & I'm moving forward now & not backwards........

Justy1000
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

its good ur interest is coming back if u have anymore questions just ask them no matter how stupid they might seem as theres no such thing as a stupid question on here were here to help where ever we can
and u might as well call me lep every other fecker does :hide: :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle:
LEP
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

Mr "LEP"

Thanks for that.

Yeah, a lot happier now. Specially with the amount of time, money & swearing which was spent on it!

I do have two questions......

1. When I spoke to the DVLA & told them it was a "bolt on" conversion, they said it didn't have to go for an SVA! Speaking to one or two people & the MOT bloke who refused to MOT it all said it had to have one. Is this true???

2. Trying to fill out the V10 Form & one of the questions is "What Tax class am I applying for??
Do I just write tricycle or is there a certain class it comes under?
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

In answer to your first question... NO.... second question is it's down to its weight.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

To expand on the previous answer....
If it is under 450Kg is will be Class 3, and vehicle tax will be £85
If it is over 450Kg it will be Class 4. Not sure on tax, but is car rates.

The best plan is to get it below 450Kg when you get your weight certificate.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

V10 form
section2
Registration
Class Tricycle
Don't worry about the next two in this section
You will need to get it weighed first. to see what mot class you need 3/4 then get it mot

have you any photos of this trike so we can see it
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

So I don't have to SVA it.

That's good then, not that Ive bodged the build. Machinist by trade & me dads a coded welder so its not as though its held together with gaffa take n zip ties.......

Weight wise. I have no dealt it's under 450kg. The bike itself only weighs 205kg (wet weight) the bolt on frame n wheels most definitely doesn't weigh 245kg! Only know that as I can pick it all up when its all assembled. ( 5'4 & 8 stone so I'm not the biggest of people :snigger: )

As for pics...... I've only got pics of the mounting points for the DVLA at the mo. Haven't got any pics of it completed yet coz Me & me dad built it in my shed so I'm gunna have to turn it back into a bike to get it out then put it back as a trike when its out. So when its out I can take proper pics of it & when I do I'll be posting up......
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

justy1000 wrote: Me & me dad built it in my shed so I'm gunna have to turn it back into a bike to get it out then put it back as a trike when its out. So when its out I can take proper pics of it & when I do I'll be posting up......
I think you need a bigger shed. :hoofle:

Mind I built up a Triumph Bonne up, down a cellar and had to remove the front end to winch it up the stairs. :bang:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke: