Carbs cleaned checked

Chat about Trikes
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Carbs cleaned checked

Post by terryt »

What with work and this weather haven't had a chance to test the new 4 degree rake kit on the trike. So I thought I will do some maintenance removed the carb and stripped it down to give it a good clean. it wasn't to bad inside and only one vacuum pipe looked suspect that got replaced
100_2003.JPG
100_2010.JPG
100_2007.JPG
All back together and running. just need to test it now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
southernscouse

Re: Carbs cleaned checked

Post by southernscouse »

Will be up for some carb cleaning myself got a cx500 trike seems all the faults I have with it are carb related been reading on a Cx web sight they use ultra sonic cleaners or replace the carbs for a mickuni set anyone in the uk with a rep for carb rebuilding and at what cost. Cheers. Tom
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

hi terry iv just sorted out a petrol leek on the 2pipes off the T piece going into the carbs both perished now to sort out the choke then back on the road for a while
bert

Post by bert »

I have just cleaned and rebuilt my xs1100 carbs with all new internals. I have my own ultrasonic cleaner as to expensive to send away. Think I have done 6 sets of carbs now and what a difference it makes.
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

lepchaun wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 pm hi terry iv just sorted out a petrol leek on the 2pipes off the T piece going into the carbs both perished now to sort out the choke then back on the road for a while
Hi Lep. Yes the fuel pipes on mine were ok just one vacuum pipe a bit brittle so changed it. On yours make sure the choke cable don't kink when you put it back other wish the choke wont return properly.
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

southernscouse wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:36 pm Will be up for some carb cleaning myself got a cx500 trike seems all the faults I have with it are carb related been reading on a Cx web sight they use ultra sonic cleaners or replace the carbs for a mickuni set anyone in the uk with a rep for carb rebuilding and at what cost. Cheers. Tom
I thought the guys from emsworth were cleaning then.
The only way to clean then properly is in a ultra sonic tank. on my gl1000 and gl1500 I part cleaned them in distilled water in a old pot on a gas burner for 20 min to get the worst of the dirt and grease off. then in the tank with carb clean
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

terry my choke is only moving about 7mil when I pull the choke all the way down so the trike is struggling to start while the air filter covers are off iv done it manual and it moves about 25mil and trike starts first touch of the button so going to take the cable off and check if its seized or catching somewhere ill give it a bit of oil down the inside let u know how I get on later
bert

Post by bert »

Just put a new cable on it there under a tenner.
I have just put all new cables on my xs1100 and I don't like spending money (I'm Scottish and a highlander) 🤣🤣🤣🤣
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

bert wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:25 am Just put a new cable on it there under a tenner.
I have just put all new cables on my xs1100 and I don't like spending money (I'm Scottish and a highlander) 🤣🤣🤣🤣
its not the tenner its the fun in trying to fix it :hoofle: :hoofle:
Had a look on ebay £6 for a new one be here next Thursday if I need it :thumbsup:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

bert wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:25 am Just put a new cable on it there under a tenner.
Bert if you're a highlander they live forever, so you should have loads of cash stacked away 😲
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke: