Boom gone bust

Chat about Trikes
GreenBlood

Boom gone bust

Post by GreenBlood »

Should this put me off buying a Boom? I really do like the look of the boom over the Rewaco but am riding one Monday (tomorrow) so many be smitten anyway lol.

Am in Burton Upon Trent.

Steve
New member in France (16210) looking for a comfortable family trike.
Would like to find others near me to join our Thursday lunch club, Sud Charente Motards, find us on FB. We ride to a different restaurant every Thursday for a meal and natter at noon.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: Boom gone bust

Post by Kawazuki »

? As in out of business? It depends on how good you are at repairs and sourcing parts as obviously you won't be getting them from 'Boom'! But that could be a bargaining point for a price reduction !
GreenBlood

Post by GreenBlood »

Yea apparently end of this month
New member in France (16210) looking for a comfortable family trike.
Would like to find others near me to join our Thursday lunch club, Sud Charente Motards, find us on FB. We ride to a different restaurant every Thursday for a meal and natter at noon.
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

I think as most of Booms stuff is off the shelf from other manufacturers I can't see it being a problem.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Aztec wrote: ↑Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:06 pm I think as most of Booms stuff is off the shelf from other manufacturers I can't see it being a problem.
The problem comes (as has been found numerous times in these pages) from what manufacturer / vehicle, the part originates. Auto parts places these days thrive on identification via reg. number, the days of looking through QH or suchlike parts books have long since gone! If you take a punt and it has to be ordered in, and its wrong, then you'll probably have to pay a restocking fee - nothing is simple anymore, all in the drive for efficiency! :soap:
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Kawazuki wrote: ↑Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:48 am
Aztec wrote: ↑Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:06 pm I think as most of Booms stuff is off the shelf from other manufacturers I can't see it being a problem.
The problem comes (as has been found numerous times in these pages) from what manufacturer / vehicle, the part originates. Auto parts places these days thrive on identification via reg. number, the days of looking through QH or suchlike parts books have long since gone! If you take a punt and it has to be ordered in, and its wrong, then you'll probably have to pay a restocking fee - nothing is simple anymore, all in the drive for efficiency! :soap:
I'll rephrase that "I haven't had a problem sourcing parts for my Boom" I think you may have over exaggerated a tad with your statement.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Time will tell! All the places I used to go into (that have largely gone) used to have an 'Eric' or a 'Bert' that knew their parts books and fiche's, backwards - now counter staff can mostly be only a few pay cheques away from flipping burgers as a career choice LOL!
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Kawazuki wrote: ↑Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:20 pm Time will tell! All the places I used to go into (that have largely gone) used to have an 'Eric' or a 'Bert' that knew their parts books and fiche's, backwards - now counter staff can mostly be only a few pay cheques away from flipping burgers as a career choice LOL!
I was in my local motor factors trying to get bearings for the trike front hub.
I always thought is was a Rover SD1 righthand front hub. It is not. It maybe a Series 2 E-Type Jag one, as that is what the rear axle is.

I asked about the part book, and was told they no longer had them.
Wish I had been at the skip when they were going in :(

In the end, I went to a local bearing stockist with the old ones.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Does this mean that the dealer for boom trikes here in the UK will need to give back his 3 cornered hat and mask to Dick Turpin !! πŸ˜‚
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

AngeloftheAbyss wrote: ↑Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:14 pm Does this mean that the dealer for boom trikes here in the UK will need to give back his 3 cornered hat and mask to Dick Turpin !! πŸ˜‚
I like it lol. :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle: