rear brake m/cylinder

Chat about Trikes
chaza

rear brake m/cylinder

Post by chaza »

hi guys
i have a yammy 535 trike. i have just put on a new rear bike master cylinder.. its bled, but there is no pressure from the pedal. i have checked the cylinder itself, that is fine for pressure. i was wondering, should have put on a car master cylinder as it is working two rear wheels.
i havent got round to checking the wheel cyliders yet.
any comments you can offer...

thanks guys
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Re: rear brake m/cylinder

Post by Andy from Sandy »

My HD Sportster trike conversion has VAG calipers. To get a very good brake I used the 11/16" nissin master cylinder from a Honda VFR800.
chaza

Post by chaza »

the problem ive got so far, there is no pressure at the paddle. ive checked the master,,, lots of pressure there.. why do i have none at the peddle......???
with the peddle as it is, there is fluid coming out of the pipes ate the wheel cylinder, and at the bleed nipple. so mlfuid is there... even if the wheel cylinders are seized, there should still be some build up of pressure...

cheers
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

You are going to have to restate or say in a different way what you mean by no pressure at the peddle and also what you mean by "I have checked the cylinder itself, that is fine for pressure".

An incorrectly sized master cylinder will give different feelings at the peddle from being hard to push or having a lot of travel.
chaza

Post by chaza »

i think you know what i mean
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

No, unfortunately we don't!
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

I use a land rover master cylinder gives a good bite
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Davey the punk wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:02 pm I use a land rover master cylinder gives a good bite
Worked on mine as well - Kawa GT550 pedal arrangement, 0.75" Girling master to Reliant axle / drum brakes - good pedal and stopping power.
Twanny

Post by Twanny »

chaza wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:08 pm hi guys
i have a yammy 535 trike. i have just put on a new rear bike master cylinder.. its bled, but there is no pressure from the pedal. i have checked the cylinder itself, that is fine for pressure. i was wondering, should have put on a car master cylinder as it is working two rear wheels.
i havent got round to checking the wheel cyliders yet.
any comments you can offer...

thanks guys
I know you said the master cylinder is new but I would check the seals on the master cylinder just on the off chance. Do you have pressure at the calipers(wheel cylinders)? Have you changed the oil seals on the calipers? Do the calipers work as they should? If the pressure generated by the pedal is transfered to the master cylinder which in turn supply pressurised oil to the calipers (wheel cylinders) , IF there is no resistance (i.e. no brakes) then I would check the hydraulic pipes from the master cylinder to the rear brakes. Also check for leaks at the wheels cylinder (calipers) . Hope this helps.