new clutch

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
UGLYMICK
Part of the Furniture

new clutch

Post by UGLYMICK »

yesterday i fitted an otec lock up clutch with new kevlar friction plates, new steels a new 60% stronger diaphragm spring plate and an extra nyloc nut to the allen screw fly weights, then took the 1560cc engined vmax trike for a test run with my big fat mate(19 1/2 stone)on the back and tried to make it slip
i failed
today i took it out again and it starter slipping
well so i though, it was a bit wet when we when out and my mate behind me on his 1200cc bandit told me when we stopped the trike was wheel spinning on both 285 40 15 rear tyres
well all i can say is
it doz do wot it said on the box (Otec lock up clutch) fantastic bit of kit,
Doc.
Moved in and now we can't get rid

New clutch

Post by Doc. »

I'm guessing your bank account is now a fair bit lighter than your mate though . . . :o
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: new clutch

Post by jinjachin »

Sounds a nice bit of kit .plus what he said lol
UGLYMICK
Part of the Furniture

Re: new clutch

Post by UGLYMICK »

we did very well on the Hastings mayday run stand, sold some of our new axles and got 2 trike rear end builds, so it was a little treat for me as i had most of it in stock and picked up the Otec parts needed last week s/hand, i also sold a barnett racing clutch of a vmax which i had in stock
so it didnt come to all that much, plus i still have the lock up clutch that was on the 1560cc vmax engine when i got it, but the Otec one with the kevlar plates is so much better and smoother

see here
viewtopic.php?t=10994

this is the type of lockup it had in it. but i think my one was a prototype of this
http://www.efmautoclutch.com/street.shtml
PeterTiz

new clutch

Post by PeterTiz »

My old QSC clutch finally wore out after two ATVs and over 13,000 miles so I had to get a new one. I have a 13 out lander max 1,000 with about 10,000 miles on it and when the old QSC clutch stopped working well so I tried the stock clutch and hated it so I order a new QSC clutch. I put it in to day and all I can say unbelievable how well the new clutch works right out of the box. So when I get My new outty max I have a clutch for it.