Fire extinguisher

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Fire extinguisher

Post by Herby01 »

Something I've been thinking of recently, something all us Boom, Rewaco, Phoenix and other fiberglass bodied trike owners might think about, when something goes badly wrong and the dreaded fire gets hold fiberglass bodies can go up in minutes and sometimes the little extinguishers you get just won't cut it!
I found this online, it's a good price for a plumbed in unit and it just might save our pride and joy. Whad do you think?
http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/rally/pl ... her-system
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: Fire extinguisher

Post by Kawazuki »

Extinguishers for motorsport aren't there to save the vehicle, its to ensure the driver / crew can get out without getting crispy. Its a nice plan but as most vehicle fires are caused by electrics - have you fitted a battery cut off switch to isolate the battery quickly - it'd do more good. And a hand held 1.5kg foam would deal better with a petrol / oil fire whereas a CO2 would struggle unless it was small IMO.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Fire extinguisher

Post by Herby01 »

That's another good idea Kawazuki, battery cut off switch, I'll look into that, I bet it's cheeper too :respek: I have a good sized powder extinguisher on board already :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe: