Marker Lights

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
Mal
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Marker Lights

Post by Mal »

End of last year i rode out on the Santa on a Bike thing around Bristol. Had a very dark and damp ride home mostly though lanes as there,s no real direct route. Despite having headlights that are set wide apart on a bar i had a couple of close calls with oncoming traffic, eventually i came up against a van in a narrow lane and he didnt realise the width of my trike right until he got very close. Fair play he spotted it and pushed up into the hedge to let me through but i decided it was time to fit some marker lights on the muddies. These were less than £10 from Hong Kong so i figured they wont be too bright. Bl***y hell its like having another set of headlamps behind me :snigger
20180204_100348.jpg
20180204_100426.jpg
20180204_170218.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Re: Marker Lights

Post by jinjachin »

On coming traffic will think it's being interrogated with them they will definitely see you coming :thumbsup:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Needs more lights!!!! That way any drivers coming towards you will think its a UFO. :eek: :eek:
Just make sure your wearing a silver one piece suit with tubes and flashing lights on it.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Night driving on the lanes is allways an issue - you can see people braking cos the just can't work out whats coming, even with my sidelights on the muddies.
I have been toying with fitting some drls, looks like you've answered some of my questions...
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

u can never have enough lights
and himself said let there b lights :hide:
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

lepchaun wrote:u can never have enough lights
and himself said let there b lights :hide:
That would be Bon Scott
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
ogripaul

Post by ogripaul »

Well smart them Mal, have you got a link to the lights, be ideal on my trike build
Mal

Post by Mal »

Sorry Paul dont know how to do the link thing but this is the title, £7.84 for the pair but it does take a while for them to turn up. 2pcs 9 LED Van Truck Trailer Car Side Marker Light Clearance Lamp White 12V 24V.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

I put some bigger marker lights on mine that also double up as indicators :thumbsup: the brackets that came with them were flimsy and needed changing but their great, but I still get close calls even with 8 lights facing forward! I think we've got to accept there are some total idiots on the road that shouldn't have a licence :bang:
Have you tried eagle eye lights? About the size of a 10p piece and insanely bright
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2813660581
A word of caution! Some I've found are not put together very well and fell apart when I did the nut up :bang: but a bit of epoxy sorted them out and their good as gold :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
kajay

Post by kajay »

bessiebynight5.jpg
Did mine when I first got it on the road, I also put refelctive white tape behind which works quite well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.