2002 Harley Softail casava trike kit experience

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
SteamGirl

Re: 2002 Harley Softail casava trike kit experience

Post by SteamGirl »

Andy from Sandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:43 pm The casarva kit is actually very good apart from having to deal with the boss man. For some reason asking him technical questions winds him as he isn't an engineer. If possible you need to get access to someone in the workshop.

With the casarva kit you will need to fabricate the fitting points that will hold the main cradle to the bike frame. This is usually at 4 points on the bike. It is technical and requires precision to get the cradle square and centred to the bike frame.

To stay with belt drive requires the rear belt pulley to be modified. Casarva do that if you send it to them.

Thanks Andy, that’s exactly the kind of info I’m after :respek:

I’ve been speaking with Steve from Casarva and he’s very helpful indeed, sent me loads of info and told me how they set up the alignment with cradle and the bike frame, they actually machine centre lines in the cradle to use with a laser level. The price is in my budget too, about £5k for everything I need including a reverse gear kit ! They don’t charge VAT for people who are disabled.

Looks like another trike project on the horizon for me then :beer:

Watch this space, Steph
Overcoming little hurdles everyday :handlebars:
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

I have a Sportster that I converted using a casarva back end on.

I have had plenty of dealings with Steve and actually it isn't that helpful in the scheme of things, trust me on that.

The bottom line is though when I bought my kit it was fantastically well put together; the welding is first class and very clean. I do recommend the kit to people. I would do another given a chance after the welding has been taken care of.
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

Thanks Andy, really appreciate you sharing your experience :thumbsup:
Overcoming little hurdles everyday :handlebars: