Import Duty

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
levvin

Post by levvin »

Dr Death wrote:Got on the trike Friday am after driving to Exeter and back the previous day.....reached over my right shoulder????
GOOD MAN!!:niceone:
Dr Death

Post by Dr Death »

Thought I'd update this thread with some of the original subject matter IE importing.

Bought some components from the states valued at £98 approx......used the import calculator I found it told me no duty,other than vat,was payable.

The supplier used United States Postal Services. Express Air Mail, 2 days from Illinois to the UK. Then it all falls apart cos Parcel force take over.

Parcel force are supposed to clear the package through customs, they charge for the service of advance paying any duties.....You then pay them once it's been cleared.

After nine days waiting customs clearance I rang and bollocked em. It arrived the next day. Before they would deliver I had to pay the VAT and their clearance fee. VAT was approx £16....Parcel force rip you off to the tune of £13:50 on express airmail.....Bastards

Contrast this with stuff I bought from Canada 4 weeks ago......sent via Canadian Airlines....Value £75....took two days...door to door....no duty paid.

?????
There are things out there that scare even me