LED running lights

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

1 relay would do all the indicators, you just take the feed from the switch gear and split it out to suit the application

if I get time later I will knock up a simple "drawing" and load it up here, be warned my abilities are restricted to PC paintbrush LOL
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
levvin

Post by levvin »

I actually like the blue mudguards...! looks good.

like the trike as a whole, those seats are in good nick...have they been upholstered recently?

got the same stance as a beach bastard without the 'drouge chute' roof!

lev
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

ok so its rather simple like its creator LOL, but should get the point across

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by VmaxRik »

Top man.

Just printed it off and stuck it in the garage folder marked "things you should know"

Many thanks. :niceone:
This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
kajay

Post by kajay »

I fitted LED self adhesive strips to the wings ( off ebay about £3 a strip) and they still work well, I also have some LED rear indicators and had to fit a load resisitor to stop it becoming a disco when I turned a corner

Even though they are very bright at night I still get some idiots pulling out in front of me, perhaps I should have fitted the blue flashing lights instead
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

good info everyone . GTR thanks for the diagram, it makes a lot more sense to me now. :thumbsup:
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

if you wanted to be really fussy then its worth putting another diode in the line twixt the indicator flasher relay and the switchgear

otherwise if you put hazards on and also turn the indicator switch to the side, then you will have a flashing live feed to the rest of the bike

but not only are my hazards purely for MSVA and MOT time, I dont intend on leaving the indicators and hazards on at the same time LOL
B9triker
Part of the Furniture

Post by B9triker »

levvin wrote:I actually like the blue mudguards...! looks good.

like the trike as a whole, those seats are in good nick...have they been upholstered recently?

got the same stance as a beach bastard without the 'drouge chute' roof!

lev
I found a blog site about hot rods and chop bikes when pissed t'other night. One bike had stainless mudguards that had turned blue from spot welding - very nice. He'd also encased all lectrics in copper tubing (brake pipes?). Cant bloody find it now - but I was inspired.

I want to extend the guard like the rear one on this 1929 sedan:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/1929-Lasa ... 79268%2F70

Put these on the back:

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/p ... ategory/71

these on the front:

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/produc ... cator-lamp

these are nice but pricey:

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/produc ... o-sidelamp

By the way, Marc (Trikeman) did the guards and the upholstery for me 4 years ago i think.

GTR, thanks for info - lots to look at and play with. Made things a little bit clearer:niceone:
Two wheels good, four wheels bad, three's better...

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. .... G Orwell
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

picked up my stop/tail lights today, to go with the whites i bought last week. only to find out i had forgotten to order the mounting plate. still they're on order now . here's a wee pic anyway.

[ATTACH]7629[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Crikey Will....think i've just ordered the very same front marker lights as those.

Well they look the same (ish) anyway....99p plus £4.99 postage (hong kong)

Ordered two sets at this price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170828420896? ... 1497.l2649

:niceone::niceone:
This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker: