Due to D.V.L.A license screw up can anyone help.

Something you would like to Swap, or even give it away free?
Post it here.....
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

ratwing wrote:How about if its a copy witnessed by a solicitor, it costs but I seem to remember swansea accept those?
I couldn't do mine online because they want a photograph and my passport photo was too old - luckily it came back with all the right entitlements.
I find it strange that theres no way to appeal against it when you lose entitlements.
I'm not sure, I only heard that they do not accept photocopies.

Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by VmaxRik »

Lies lies and more damn lies from the DVLA...https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s_and_lack.

Freedom of information letter sent a few years ago, deppresing reading.

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
Old Mitch
Part of the Furniture

Post by Old Mitch »

I've got to reapply for my license in a couple of years because of my age. Now this has me worried because I passed both my car and bike tests back in the 60's. I've already got copies of my license on my H.D. in case it all goes pear shape. Anybody on here waiting for their new passport?
mickyv
Part of the Furniture

Post by mickyv »

There is a phrase that sums up dvla perfectly " not fit for the purpose" what it needs is a legal challenge, it would be costly and time consuming but they can be beaten.
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Re:

Post by biker69 »

ratwing wrote:This is no help to you but don't ever send them your licence - say you've lost it, then if it comes back with anything missing you can say you've found the original down the side of the sofa/under the fridge floor etc and why is it different. And like Rik said, take good colour copies of both sides of both parts to send if you need to.
this has to be the best idea yet.
hawkeyefxr

Re: Due to D.V.L.A license screw up can anyone help.

Post by hawkeyefxr »

This may help someone, i found out quite by chance.
I thought i had lost my license a few years back so i got a replacement, when the new one comes through there is a note say if the old one is found it has to be destroyed or sent back to the DVLA.
Well i did find mine and thought 'sod it i will keep it'. it is a good backup, they cant argue after all, it is a genuine license.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Ha! Same here - had two for years and comes in very handy! And no picture so will last till i'm a fossil!

edit - just noticed you're just down the road from me - i'm Blackwater!
Hello neighbour!
Last edited by Kawazuki on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

hawkeyefxr wrote:This may help someone, i found out quite by chance.
I thought i had lost my license a few years back so i got a replacement, when the new one comes through there is a note say if the old one is found it has to be destroyed or sent back to the DVLA.
Well i did find mine and thought 'sod it i will keep it'. it is a good backup, they cant argue after all, it is a genuine license.
Same here. I kept my old licence and declared I had lost the old one :)
I too had read too many stories of people losing entitlements.

They will prolly still turn around and want proof of entitlement, as the old licence could have been issued in error.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
hawkeyefxr

Post by hawkeyefxr »

Really pisses me off the way they can just shred your life, all the talk about caring for people they just kin care for there selves and procreate the rest.

sorry rant over
chaz

Post by chaz »

a different thing, I posted a item I'd sold on ebay it never got there so I put a claim in to Royal Mail, sent proof of posting got a reply, they would not pay out because I didn't have proof of posting, no because you've got it... gave up as it was only a tenner.