Due to D.V.L.A license screw up can anyone help.

Something you would like to Swap, or even give it away free?
Post it here.....
louloujohn

Due to D.V.L.A license screw up can anyone help.

Post by louloujohn »

Being an avid biker for 36 years, I purchased my Suzuki GSX600f bike as my last bike for me and the missus to bike around Europe for holidays for many years to come, but when purchased my insurance and sent off the scans of my license ect it became apparent that when we moved to Leicestershire and i properly sent off my license to change my address it came back unknowing to me without my bike entitlement and the DVLA will not reinstate it and I'm not on my own 20.000 other people are in the same boat..............

so she has to go... I cant afford or afford to convert the bike to a trike or to re take my bike test and find it degrading having to start from a theory test and a bloody CBT:respek:

she has new brakes all round with all callipers refurbished, new fork seals, springs dust caps and totally refurbished, new clutch, cables, new tyres, in fact everything has been taken apart and if any sign of wear and tear have been replaced.

I'm told she rides like a new bike, she certainly looks good and sounds good.and goes like sh!t off a shovel pmsl .......

My mate took her for MOT and she failed on fork seals and brakes (document is available) hence all changed but i cant ride her to re mot her ...........

As i previously said she was built by me, for me, to be sure she was safe and going to last and these bikes "Katanas" are rock solid pieces of kit ask any owner.....

so its with a sincere heavy heart and out of pocket wallet she has got to go. she will make someone a very very happy biker,

I want swap her, for a trike (not reliant or a long trike, just a two seater) but would prefer a Trike bike conversion (I dont mind having to work on it a little) cos i want to keep being a biker its my wife and my way of life,

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP US
yammy1300
V8 Killer

Post by yammy1300 »

Hi John

Im pretty sure some one may be able to help.

Firstly though, pop along to the new members section and introduce your self please, Its something we have all done here and is our way of doing things, ta muchly :)
:cooldevil: A trike is only restricted by your imagination
V8trikemids
Part of the Furniture

Post by V8trikemids »

Same boat here mate, renewed my licence last winter, went to reinsure in march- no bike entitlement. I've got nowt to prove I ever had it, insurance docs etc going back years, even claim forms with driver number on. I've had the same bike now for 15 years, so I'm triking it.
shadowryder
Part of the Furniture

Post by shadowryder »

This really sucks,those lazy irresponsible incapable welsh twats at DVLA should be made to put right their incompetent mistakes instead of passing the buck onto the hard working tax paying people they as Govt employees are there to serve,:evil::hellfire:

Ps.there are many welsh peoples that are not TWaTS
MOTORCYCLE/TRIKE LEATHER TOOL/SISSY/SIDE BAGS ETC
http://WWW.BAT-SHADOW.JIGSY.COM

http://www.facebook.com/BatShadowLeathers

GROWING OLD IS OBLIGATORY--GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!!!!!
VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by VmaxRik »

The only thing any of us can do is to copy all our licences onto as many hard drives as you can...all four sides.

If you ever have to send your licence away for ANYTHING, send a copy of all four sides of it along with the original. That way they know you have proof of the original...a covering letter explaining why you've done this, along with your contact number seems to concentrate their minds.

None of this will of course help all those who though no fault of their own have their categories removed...and sometimes their livelihood by the crass incompetence of these faceless idiots.

I realise this is taking a wander, but so be it. If this thread stops one more person being screwed by the DVLA...good.

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

This is no help to you but don't ever send them your licence - say you've lost it, then if it comes back with anything missing you can say you've found the original down the side of the sofa/under the fridge floor etc and why is it different. And like Rik said, take good colour copies of both sides of both parts to send if you need to.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

This set of thing seems to happen quite often.
Unfortunately, they do not accept copies.

I renewed mine online, and retained my old licence.
I still have many pass certificate too. :-)

I really feel for you.

Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Last_Samurai
Part of the Furniture

Post by Last_Samurai »

damn that really sucks man :( does that mean as i need to change my address on my licence that if i do so im going to lose my trike licence on my car? :hissyfit:
Doc.
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Doc. »

When you look into DVLA gentleman's sausage-ups, it's truly gob-smacking just how many people have been affected :eek:

Just a thought Louloujohn, have you ever had a speeding (or other) conviction on a Bike?
If so, you may be able to get something from the Police as proof you had the Bike entitlement on your Licence, 'cos they sure-as-hell check it thoroughly when they do you for anything!
Things that there's just no excuse for fitting on a Trike;
'Dodgy' registration,
Telescopic Forks.
Bike Tyres on the rear.
Car seats
Anything in the shape of a knuckle-duster,
Maltese Cross, flame, chain or Skull.
Alloy tread/chequer plate.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

1130cc wrote:This set of thing seems to happen quite often.
Unfortunately, they do not accept copies.

I renewed mine online, and retained my old licence.
I still have many pass certificate too. :-)

I really feel for you.

How about if its a copy witnessed by a solicitor, it costs but I seem to remember swansea accept those?
I couldn't do mine online because they want a photograph and my passport photo was too old - luckily it came back with all the right entitlements.
I find it strange that theres no way to appeal against it when you lose entitlements.