PROJECT 4 VAN

Something you would like to Swap, or even give it away free?
Post it here.....
biker69
Part of the Furniture

PROJECT 4 VAN

Post by biker69 »

HERE I HAVE A TRIKE PROJECT I STARTED 4 YEARS AGO BUT NEVER GOT TO FINISH.
IT CONSIST OF A SMART CAR 600cc 3 CYLINDER TURBO ENGINE IN THE SMART CAR SUB-FRAME, THIS IS ACCURATELY WELDED TO A KAWASAKI GTR 1000 TRIPLE BACK BONE FRAME.
MOST PARTS ARE HERE TO FINISH THE TRIKE BUT NO REAR MUDGUARDS OR RADIATOR, IT WILL REQUIRE FURTHER WELDING TO THE FUEL TANK WHICH HAS BEEN CUT DOWN THE TUNNEL FOR A SNUG FIT,GILERA ORIGIN.
THE WIRING LOOM IS BOXED AND LABELED.
STILL BOXED NEW CHROME FIGURE 8 HEAD LIGHT.
PAIR OF WIDE AND PAIR OF NARROW WHEELS/TYRES, AS PER SMART CAR.
ORIGINAL (FULLY LABELED) WIRING LOOM IN BOX.

V5 FOR SMART CAR AND KAWASAKI, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO GET IT REGISTERED AND INSPECTED AS PER USUAL WHEN FINESHED.

THERE ARE LOADS OF DIGITAL PHOTOS OF EVERY PART OF THIS TRIKE BUILD TO ITS PRESENT STATE AND I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NECESSARY MINIMUM LEGAL SPECIFICATIONS THAT YOU NEED TO FOLLOW.

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT AND RARE, THIS IS FOR YOU.

THE SEAT IT KAWASAKI LTD450 CUSTOM WITH A VESPA TOPBOX/BACKREST.

VALUE WHEN FINISHED COULD BE IN THE REGION £3K TO £6K DEPENDING ON YOUR LEVEL OF 'EXPERTISE'

ANY OTHER INFO REQUIRED JUST ASK.

WILL POST PICTURE(S) LATER.

looking to swap this for a van, try me.
Last edited by biker69 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GEOFFREY123

Re: PROJECT 4 VAN

Post by GEOFFREY123 »

May well be interested, please post some pics.
Cheers
Geoff
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

the first few weeks of build.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

this one is taken from the 'top box' file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

this is the council garage where most of the build took place about 4 years ago, the brake master cylinder is under the fuel tank in a vertical position, lower foot pegs (not made) were to have a rod rising up to operate it for the rear wheels, it was bled. handbrake lever is a modified hyundai coupe 2.0 and is on the left side tucked in next to riders leg, very little of the Smart car (700cc Pulse) handbrake cable itself changed in order to maintain reliability.
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

although the top box looks a bit precarious sat there, it actually has support plates either side underneath. You will also notice a long bolt at the corner of the Smart sub frame, these were just dropped in there as the holes are where the subframe bolts to the car body, there is one in each corner so could be used for a purpose or just filled in. suspension is stock but the ride is very nice.

This could prove a very useful site if you start head scratching http://www.evilution.co.uk/
sprocky
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by sprocky »

Now that's a nice project for some one :respek:
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

got some new mirrors up the loft with that headlight and maybe some other long forgotten bit, not opened the box for 3 years lol.
Cut and shaped the infill plates to be welded to the front of the tank to fill the gap up to the steering neck, about somewheres. In the 2nd pictute you see the rear of the tank on the seat, this now sits under the seat and needs bolting. Lots of scope for a very smart trike in the right hands.

Was given a ride in original car and the selectable auto/semi box worked fine before i dismantled the car, the mileage read 60 something so not high.

UPDATE

Been up the loft and found the box with:

Backlit chrome white face speedo, 140mph, built in Hi beam, oil, neautral,winkers. and wiring diagram.
Reversing light, 140x75x75mm.
Pair of chrome oval mirrors each with 2 LED.
One chrome number plate holder with red light, curved to fit mudguard.
Pair of chrome red LED lights 25x20mm.
Pack containing 6 self adhesive red oval reflectors (seemed like a good idea at the time). MORE PICTURES TO FOLLOW NEXT WEEK IF I STILL HAVE IT.

I DID SAY I WAS LOOKING TO SWAP FOR A VAN, BUT IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BUY IT THEN INBOX ME WITH A OFFER
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

wrong picture selected but this shows ignition and a plate I was to weld in with hole for wiring...
biker69
Part of the Furniture

Post by biker69 »

ignition and auto/semi auto selector. This was taken prior to the handbrake being located to the panel on the right and protrudes no more than about 15-20mm.