Hazard lights

Help needed & advice given..try here
vmaxtriker

Hazard lights

Post by vmaxtriker »

Can anyone help my 1998 Kawasaki vn1500 trike has no hazard lights how can I fit them for mot any advice/ help would be appreciated
swirl
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Hazard lights

Post by swirl »

Kit off ebay for 20odd quid and wire it in
swirl
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by swirl »

vmaxtriker

Post by vmaxtriker »

Thanks for replies just bought a kit of ebay
mike126

Post by mike126 »

Hi must the switch be fitted on line of sight or say a side panel would the rear fog light switch be on line of sight, as you fit on the trike
Mike
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Switch must illuminate when used (at any time not just when key switched on) but not necessarily line of sight. No requirement for a fog light but if fitted it should have a warning light and personally I would wire into the main lights circuit so it can't be used unless the dip / main beam are in use - if the conditions warrant fog lights you should, by law, be using main lights anyway!
mike126

Post by mike126 »

Hi
Thank you for your help forgot to ask ref rear lights on trike are they to be BS marked E, marked was about to buy some but no BS or E mark on them , DVLA guy told me caution as if presented with lights, with no BS/ E marked they would fail it for msva
mike
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

Switch must illuminate when used
My bike has hazards and it is only the repeaters on the handle bars that also flash. The switch itself has no illumination.

The trike I built has hazards as standard and you press both indicator switches together to turn them on. Again these are not illuminated.

When Casarva supplied the kit for the trike they supplied parts for hazards and the switch was an un-illuminated toggle switch.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

The MSVA requirements for Hazards are that they must be fitted with a 'tell tale' hence why 'most' have illuminated switch - my bad on that bit! Dash repeaters are acceptable.

Re : CE marks - there is no requirement in the latest MSVA manual 2019 to have anything marked CE or BSI! What the guy thinks he should test and WHAT he should test seem to be at variance. Read the manual, know the facts and argue on fact not supposition!
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

As my trike is a bolt on conversion it didn't need msva and perhaps that is where I should of started my earlier response.

I haven't needed to refer to msva so I could of been completely wrong.

My LED headlamp has DOT LED MOTORCYLE and also E11.

A lot of knock offs do not have the DOT or E number and I am guessing an observant examiner might fail you on that.