Kawasaki gt550 carbs flooding

Help needed & advice given..try here
Blossom5454

Kawasaki gt550 carbs flooding

Post by Blossom5454 »

Hi need some help when I stop the engine running 2 of the carbs on my kawasaki gt550 flood petrol out , I have checked all the float levels are OK. And fuel tap has been renewed any help would be welcome john
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Kawasaki gt550 carbs flooding

Post by gorbee01279 »

I had that problem once it was the throttle cable getting hung up, rerouted said cable and it was fine but saying that it could still be the pin for the float sticking in those two particular bowls... would check cable first.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Throttle cable has no effect on fuel flow except metering fuel when running obviously - solution was purely coincidental. Based on the age of these carbs now it is more likely the float valves have worn seats, so any bit of dirt will hold them open or they don't seal correctly - gen Kawa still available but - sit down - £35 / carb! OUCH!
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Kawazuki wrote:Throttle cable has no effect on fuel flow except metering fuel when running obviously - solution was purely coincidental. Based on the age of these carbs now it is more likely the float valves have worn seats, so any bit of dirt will hold them open or they don't seal correctly - gen Kawa still available but - sit down - £35 / carb! OUCH!
My mistake it was the clutch cable that was causing my problem were it ran through the carbs,it had frayed the sheathing & was catching on the carb control rod so replaced the cable & ran it under the carbs which cured it.... easy fix as compared to taking of carbs & stripping down which he may well have to do but worth looking at beforehand.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Could be a bit of crud in the float valves, try blowing them through gently with compressed air or drop the bowls off effected carb and see if there's any crud in the bottom.
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Herby01 wrote:Could be a bit of crud in the float valves, try blowing them through gently with compressed air or drop the bowls off effected carb and see if there's any crud in the bottom.
Read the post above yours ;)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

What, about re routing the clutch cable? :poke: or do you mean what Kawazuki said :respek:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe: