gearbox 06 boom 500 fun

Help needed & advice given..try here
satchmo

gearbox 06 boom 500 fun

Post by satchmo »

Good morning all picked up a 2006 boom 500 last week when I shift into forward or reverse it doesn't go into gear right away when I rev the motor it will bang into gear the previous owner told me this is normal for this trike I don't think it is, other than that trike runs fine not slipping or anything would anyone know if this is true thanks
Ticktack2018

Re: gearbox 06 boom 500 fun

Post by Ticktack2018 »

Hi I have an 07 fun trike she goes into reverse but stalls or wont click back into forward
Hi just bought 500cc boom trike :cuddle:
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

I'm sure we had an Irish member with a 500 that had gearbox issues.
Will try and have a hunt around for it later.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Ticktack2018

Post by Ticktack2018 »

Mine has a piaggio engine in it ,I don't have any knocking or banging on mine ,if engine is running and i put her in reverse shes fine but cuts out if I put her into drive
Ticktack2018

Post by Ticktack2018 »

Ok been messing about trying to figure the reverse why she cuts out ?my theory on this is when you park car or bike you should park with front forward ,when you do reverse you switch of engine put her back in forward and walk away ,me personally have come to the concluding its a safety feature built in ,incase you forget to put the trike back into drive
Baddon

Post by Baddon »

Sorry not been paying attention.
@Ticktack2018 Ours is now sold twice over BUT I recall ours stalled out when you went for reverse and we traced it to a bad connection on the gearbox to the microswitch for reverse.
When you throw the lever for reverse it should touch a button for......(cant recall) but if it does not will stall out as there is a safety setting.

@Satchmo As to clunking into reverse/forward, IF your not on idle (ie have ANY revs on at all) it will clunk and can be VERY bad news for the gear box which is a weak point on these trikes. So please take care with it. Give it time after the revs have fallen off to idle. It may also be that the level cable needs adjusted as it may not be throwing the gearbox all the way from forward to backwards.
If your not living life on the edge your taking up to much room