15" wheels for reliant fitment.

Help needed & advice given..try here
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: 15" wheels for reliant fitment.

Post by Deep Diver »

Them wheels look great. Are they alloy or chrome steel.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

swirl wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:49 am
minimutly wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm For safetys sake don't do this - bending studs, stressing the hub, it's not wort the risk. Either get the hub offset machined for 12mm studs or use the adaptors. I remachined mine, not that hard.
Good advice, reliant wheels are 4x4" pcd, not 4x100mm like old bmw and vauxhall, use the right wheels peeps
Its not hard to re centre the hub, any machine shop with a vertical mill could do it, 12mm offset by 0.8mm in takes you into virgin metal, and then just countersink from behind, bang the studs in. I did have pics in my build diary, photobuckhead screwed them up.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

minimutly wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:34 pm
swirl wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:49 am
minimutly wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm For safetys sake don't do this - bending studs, stressing the hub, it's not wort the risk. Either get the hub offset machined for 12mm studs or use the adaptors. I remachined mine, not that hard.
Good advice, reliant wheels are 4x4" pcd, not 4x100mm like old bmw and vauxhall, use the right wheels peeps
Its not hard to re centre the hub, any machine shop with a vertical mill could do it, 12mm offset by 0.8mm in takes you into virgin metal, and then just countersink from behind, bang the studs in. I did have pics in my build diary, photobuckhead screwed them up.
Photobucket screwed every forum on the net
Pcuk

Post by Pcuk »

Cheers for the advice, after plain steels not alloys or spoked although do look smart. Will get the hubs machined or adaptors I think. Not into putting incorrect pcd wheels on for obvious reasons.