To cut or not to cut ?

Help needed & advice given..try here
Hairyrsdbiker

To cut or not to cut ?

Post by Hairyrsdbiker »

I keep asking questions that have probably already been asked, but in my defense this is my first trike build. Just a quick question, I have a reliant b type axle which is being mounted to a modified swingarm, but the drive shaft and diff are 10cm askew, should I leave it or get the axle cut down on one side, has anyone else faced this dilemma? The bike is kawa gt750 so any suggestions? :eek:
If all else fails hit it with a big hammer :bang:
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: To cut or not to cut ?

Post by gorbee01279 »

Hairyrsdbiker wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:44 pm I keep asking questions that have probably already been asked, but in my defense this is my first trike build. Just a quick question, I have a reliant b type axle which is being mounted to a modified swingarm, but the drive shaft and diff are 10cm askew, should I leave it or get the axle cut down on one side, has anyone else faced this dilemma? The bike is kawa gt750 so any suggestions? :eek:
When i had my 550gt trike i left the axle as standard,it's a bit of a pain to shorten a B axle but plenty have been done, you may be lucky if you keep looking on fleabay for one already done but i would leave it standard as i shortened one a few years back & it was a bit of a pig to do.One already done is going to cost you big bucks though for a B.Good luck
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Re: To cut or not to cut ?

Post by old git »

hi mate i shortend mine drasticly if you take a look at my build thread ,newby build of xvs 650 you will find all the info. I replaced my axle tube but you can cut and weld the tube instead but mine were rusted to badly.