Vw re wire

Help needed & advice given..try here
207Sport

Vw re wire

Post by 207Sport »

Hi all new member from barnsley south yorkshire im after some majour help or guidance my dad bought a vw trike which was road worthy 2 year ago. Ut due to his heartattack and his health it as been stood since i managed to get it fired up and up and running but there was electrical faults all over so after tracing wires come across a lot with splits and breaks so decided to rip it to bits and take the harness out god knows who wired it but it was a mess i am mechanical minded but mo good with auto electrics im wanting a witing diagram for ve trike only want the basics things working to get it through a mot again and roadworthy for my dad so any help would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Re: Vw re wire

Post by Skidmark »

IMG_0846.JPG
rewired my mates boom trike, it was a mess just like yours, ripped the lot out and started from scratch, google search and you will find circuit diagrams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
207Sport

Post by 207Sport »

Its not something I'm used to electrics so all new to me so don't fully understand the diagrams that well and relays and all the technical behind it but i know if i do rewire my self i know for future issues
207Sport

Post by 207Sport »

Is there anyone who can help i wouldnt be asking if i want desperate but need the running for my dad all help is appreciated
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

If you were closer I would give you a hand
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

my bro done mine im not good with them he wired one curcit at a time ie ingnition lights ect run them the same route were possible then use loom tape dont ust insulation tape its crap for looms its cheep enough off ebay dont worry when it comes and its not sticky once its on it sort of sets and dont move just put it on under a bit tension .if you google ingnition diagrams ect some are really easy to follow[ pictures not just a load of lines ] the same with relays the posts are numbered so the diagrams will tell you which wires go on what numbers
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Haggisa gave me some basic wiring diagrams, in the past.

http://www.uktriker.uk/technical-docume ... lectrical/
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.