Bump stops on a reeaco hs4

Help needed & advice given..try here
Sprocket

Bump stops on a reeaco hs4

Post by Sprocket »

Hi I have a reeaco hs4 the top frame sits on the bumps stops ,I have coilovers on the rear they are currently stuck fast at the lowest setting ,if I manage to adjust the coilovers will this give me clearing from the bump stops or is there anything else that needs adjusted thks
King Herald

Re: Bump stops on a reeaco hs4

Post by King Herald »

Are the shocks adjustable? Do they have rings that can be screwed up to raise the ride height?

These are highly adjustable, with the long threaded body. Are yours anything like this?
EC141B86-D5E8-4989-8796-F6D9762781EB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Yes ,problem I'm having now is when we try move the ring adjusters the whole shock moves
King Herald

Post by King Herald »

Sprocket wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:19 pm Yes ,problem I'm having now is when we try move the ring adjusters the whole shock moves
There's a small lock screw on some. Or they might need some penetrating oil as the thread has siezed up?
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

OK thks will have a look
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

Late reply but if you still haven't got them adjusted it's worth jacking the trike up so the wheel is hanging down clear of the ground, this takes a lot of spring load off the adjuster threads so they'll usually turn.