Engine identification

Help needed & advice given..try here
Chig

Engine identification

Post by Chig »

Hi.
I’m hoping that there is someone who can help me identify my engine.
It’s a 1600 injection but the engine number on my V5 begins with RE which I can’t identify online any where. It’s a Rewaco FX4 and I think they added this number.
I have found an engine number below the right hand cylinder (off side in uk) but can’t find the corresponding numbers with letters anywhere.
It reads as this

2DO (vw sign in circle) BRAZIL
22 ( 4 joined circles with line through them) 043101102 A
AS 41

I found a DO online but not with 2 in front and the DO doesn’t correspond with what I know.
Also found AS but this also doesn’t correspond and don’t know what the 41 stands for.

I think it’s a series 2 but not sure.

If anyone can help and tell me what model and age the engine is I’d be most grateful.
I’ve attached a photo below
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chig on Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Re: Engine identification

Post by Skidmark »

IMG_1763.JPG
there should be a number below the stand for the alternator, that will have the firing order on it 1,4,3, 2 and should look like whats in the picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chig

Post by Chig »

Thanks for that. On my engine the number behind the pulley begins with RE1.6I which doesn’t match with anything on line. I’ll have to check the sides tomorrow to see if there’s one I missed.
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

from your photo its an AS41 duel relief case made in Brazil, it might be that Rewaco have stamped it with their own number instead
Chig

Post by Chig »

Hi Skidmark.
What’s a duel relief case? Is it a replacement engine casing?

It’s alright I found out what a duel relief case is. Magic of google and YouTube.

Sounds like I got good cases.should have a bigger oil pump and 2 oil pressure relief valves. That’s cool but I still don’t know what year my lump was made. Will check for another engine number in the morning while cleaning the engine.
Chig

Post by Chig »

Skidmark wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:04 pm IMG_1763.JPG
there should be a number below the stand for the alternator, that will have the firing order on it 1,4,3, 2 and should look like whats in the picture
The only engine number I can find below the alternator is RE1.6I293 which I believe is a Rewaco engine number.
Now I know that Rewaco only used AS and AD type 1.6i engines.
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

is there a Rewaco owners club, perhaps they might have a list, also what year was it registered?? would the number be 6/12/93 or is that too easy
Chig

Post by Chig »

Skidmark wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 pm is there a Rewaco owners club, perhaps they might have a list, also what year was it registered?? would the number be 6/12/93 or is that too easy
Hi Skidmark.
Ive already contacted Rewaco and all they can say is they only use the AS and AD types for the 1.6 Injection. I think the number is RE 1.6 i 293 which would make sense
And that was giving them my VIN too.
It was built in 2007 and first registered in Germany 2010 and registered in the uk in 2015.

Looking at all the info on the net i think it’s a series 1 as the series 2 seem to be vans and the like.
But as for engine year Im not sure but think it’s a 74-79. Also looks like most components fit all types of engine but I could be wrong.