Trike repair shop list?

Help needed & advice given..try here
mikeTriker

Trike repair shop list?

Post by mikeTriker »

Hi. How are you guys finding trike repair shops? Are you calling motorbikes one by one and asking if they are going to take on a trike job? Thank you and sorry if a reposted.
Barneyb

Re: Trike repair shop list?

Post by Barneyb »

Must admit I bought a trike so I could do everything myself, got fed up of cars and how complicated and disposable they have become. If I didn't fancy doing something myself I would also ring round mobile mechanics, they seem to be willing to tackle most things and rely on a good reputation
mikeTriker

Post by mikeTriker »

Barneyb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:09 am Must admit I bought a trike so I could do everything myself, got fed up of cars and how complicated and disposable they have become. If I didn't fancy doing something myself I would also ring round mobile mechanics, they seem to be willing to tackle most things and rely on a good reputation
I need to replace the bearing on the shaft ( rear axle ) and it just won't go on the hub :| Image
Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

I would try a mobile mechanic , ask if they can press bearings, sometimes need the right kit
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

I'm not surprised you are having problems - half shaft is bigger diameter than bearing stub shaft so any bearing will never fit! I think cutting & welding will be required.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

you need to remove the hub as the bearing is located on the outside of the shoulder that the oil seal fits against and is the locator for the bearing
mikeTriker

Post by mikeTriker »

Hi. Are there any trusted trike service shops on the south of England anyone knows of?
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

where are you i am in woking if not to far could help you
mikeTriker

Post by mikeTriker »

North-West London. Are you a business? Do you know one? I think the axle is a Reliant ( almost sure about ) but somehow the hub is not the original one and it's awkward to disassemble.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

no i am not a business i am an woking surrey your hub is original and needs pressing off any garage withy a press can do this for you alternatively if you are really stuck give me a pm with your contact details and i could help sort something out.