More brakes

Help needed & advice given..try here
bigjak

More brakes

Post by bigjak »

I have connected my brakes up but I can not work out if I have air in the system or my bike master cylinder isn't good enough to push car calipers. Does anybody have any ideas?
Should I be looking at a master cylinder that might push out more fluid / pressure?
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

what size is the piston in the MC, 5/8 usually works fine with the rear brakes that I have done, reliant drums, and sierra disc calipers

whats the leverage like, are you using the travel of the master?
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
bigjak

Post by bigjak »

I think I might still have a few air bubbles in the system, I left it overnight to settle and for me to calm down.
I do not know what size the master is but it is standard Suzuki, after another bled, I can now feel a little bit of movement in the caliper but have to use the full length of pedal travel.
Will bleed again and see if I have any more luck....
bigjak

Post by bigjak »

Called Trike Shop, need a Honda Blackbird master cylinder (11/16")
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

hi when i done my brakes pedal going all way down no brake watsoever master cylender to far away from center pin of brake lever moved m/c to about one and a half inches from center pin it gave me back loads of pedal and great breaks O my trike failed mot on back brakes after i did this it passed with flying colours hope this helps