Dover area.

Trike Clubs & Forums from the UK & Beyond!
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Re: Dover area.

Post by terryt »

Sean (BTW_UK Area9) wrote:Interesting that I've never heard of the Trojan Trike Club and can't find any reference to them on the net. Do they actually exist? Or perhaps they did but don't anymore. I really don't know. If anyone has got any info on them I'd be very interested. The Trike Owners Association are a nice bunch of people but from what I can make out they are purely a facebook group with a patch. (I stand to be corrected on that if I'm wrong). And there's nowt wrong with that. Not knocking them. I know a few of them. Good guys.
The Trojan Trike Club is face book group and yes they do exist. The Trike Owners Association and as you say a face book group as well. these guy a ex BTW wolfpack left for what ever reason politics . and formed T O A
Sean (BTW_UK Area9)

Post by Sean (BTW_UK Area9) »

Yeah I am aware of how TOA came about and why those founders of TOA left BTW.

Ah yes. Thanks for that info on the Trojan Trike guys. Not so much a trike club in this area then. Loads of BTW members in their friends list as well. Look like a good bunch of chaps to me.
mickyv
Part of the Furniture

Post by mickyv »

Just a couple of points, the british trike groups have just as much expertise and experience and most members are more than willing to advise and in many cases pepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to help a fellow triker, there are many groups and organisations offering discount codes for motor insurance, ukt offered such a code, maybe they still do? being told what patches you can or cannot display wouldn't be for me, nor would spending £25, most of which would go to pay some Yanks wages. No I will stick with UKT and FUKT thanks. :kiss my arse:
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

We do indeed offer a discount code for Bikesure.
For me, even with a discount code they are still more expensive.

This site alone is a massive repository of information, and with active technically minded members. We have a number of BTW members. And, it is all free :)
Last year we ran a "get together" which worked out at £10 a head (plus £5 for a beer token).

I guess it is down to a mentality.
We all help each other out, and help anyone that sticks their head up.
We all share what knowledge we have.
We don't need to charge for this. We raise a bit of money from the "get together" to cover costs for the forum and the meet. Any profits are ploughed back into next year's meet.
The people that keep this all running along smoothly, and liaising with our groups like FUKT, do it for the satisfaction.

Some people like to pay for something they can get for free, but that is their decision.
I pay an annual membership to the Institute of Advanced Motorists. I don't get anything out of it, but the fact I support it.
I am also a paid up member of The Royal British Legion Riders Branch, to support a good cause.

Not sure I could pay to support a faceless entity, working for a corporation, in a different country, claiming to be part of a brotherhood :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Sean (BTW_UK Area9)

Mickyv. The fact is mate in a way you are already told what patches you can or can't wear whether you like it or not. Even as it stands now if you wear the wrong patch in the wrong place you're going to have problems. None of us have any love for the biker politics thing but its just a fact of life that we all have to accept. As far as I know UKT and FUKT don't wear back patches. I think they just have shoulder patches. Well so do we. If you just want to wear our shoulder patch or even no patch at all you can. The only slight complications are regarding our back patch which you don't have to wear. If either or both of those two groups decided they wanted to start wearing back patches they would both have to talk to the MCs about it first. I personally feel that anyone should be able to wear whatever they like on their backs. As long as its not a club patch you're not a member of of course. But the fact is that if we want to stay safe we all have to bow to the will of the MCs whether we like it or not. You included. I'm afraid your argument regarding patches is a bit of a non starter. As for paying 'some yanks wages' well BTW is a product. You pay your membership fee and you get something in return. You are almost certainly already paying plenty of foreigners their wages. Is your car British?, your TV?, your DVD player? Everytime you log on to Facebook (if you do) you are helping to pay 'some yanks wages'.
1130cc. You mentioned that you had a get together and that cost £10 per head plus a £5 for a beer token. So if you and your missus went that one event cost you the equivalent of a whole years BTW membership for you and your whole family.
Good on ya for joining the Royal British Legion Riders Branch. I've been thinking of doing the same. Oh we all pay to support faceless entities in a different country already mate. To the tune of £55m a day. lol.
All I'm doing is laying down the facts for people to make up their own minds. No one has to join us or feel obliged to. But you don't get to have a worldwide membership of over 20,000 by ripping people off or not giving value for money. The UK, USA, Sweden, New Zealand, France, Ireland all have Chapters. I think there are a couple more countries but I can't remember who they are off the top of my head. Personally I think that £25 a year for your whole household is pretty good value for money but everyone has the right to choose what is right for them. As I said before. Its not a lifetime obligation. You're not signing your life away, Just give us a go for a year and if its not for you then just don't renew your membership. Simples. :)
mickyv
Part of the Furniture

Post by mickyv »

FFs sean, are you related to Billy Graham? I have never heard anyone preach so much, if btw is so fantastic why do you feel you have to give it the big sell? :kiss my arse:
xjs10
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by xjs10 »

Dont sit on the fence Mick...say what you mean.... :snigger:
swirl
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by swirl »

Feck me, the hard sell or what, £25 not a lot of money but I don't think you have helped your case for rambling shite, I was a member of the btw forum a few years ago and found it a very click place, I have recently had a serious motorcycle accident and my local brotherhood has provided me with a automatic car and financial assistance to pay my mortgage etc, in my opinion that is brotherhood not lining someone's pocketc in a foreign country
Sean (BTW_UK Area9)

Mickyv. Don't join then mate. Its up to you. I don't need to give it the hard sell. Over 20,000 members says I don't need to give it the hard sell. Yes we are always looking for new members but if you don't fancy it then that's absolutely fine.
People asked. I answered. I simply stated facts, none of which you can refute. That isn't 'preaching' or 'rambling shite' . Sorry you don't like my answers but that's your problem not mine.
Swirl. You don't want to join us and that's fine too. And that's great what the guys in your area did for you. Brilliant in fact. Good for you. That's what it's all about.
Oh and I actually have helped my case. Seven emails from people thinking of joining so far. All from what I have said on this thread. If only one of them joins then my work here is done. :) :) :)
mickyv
Part of the Furniture

Post by mickyv »

Sean, when folk ask for information about the groups I belong to, I give them the facts, the pros and cons tell em about the meets and then, I shut the procreate up and let them make up their own mind, why don't you try the same tactic? 200000 members eh? don't mean jack.