Mosel triker meet, Germany

Share your photos of trikes and trike meets.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Mosel triker meet, Germany

Post by ratwing »

Here's a few pix of our trip, this time it was a 7 day event on a site in Riol. The first is a German AK trike, quite rare apparently - even some of the Germans hadn't seen one before. The others are at a stop on one of their runs out.
IMG_1302.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Re: Mosel triker meet, Germany

Post by ratwing »

Another unusual one, an S&S engined Boom and queuing up to get back onto the site after a run out when the gate key went missing...
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1329.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

A three seater with a Smart car engine and spot the lack of a front brake on the blue Boom trike - there were several like this, it seems that front brakes aren't required on 1980's or older trikes (if I understood what they were saying.) One of these was towing a caravan too.
As the song goes, if you go down to the woods today, you're in for a big surprise. In our case, 4 Belgian registered Can Ams.
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Looks like you had great weather.

Seeing your trike still makes me smile :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

33°C on Tuesday, too hot for us and heavy rain on Saturday so the planned run out for a guided tour around Trier and then to Luxembourg was cancelled. Apart from that, yes the weather was good so we were out and about on the trike most days - Luxembourg (twice), Trier, Bernkastel-kues and the woods and hairpins around Vulkaneiffel and the Ardennes (twice) amongst others.
Amazingly the trike makes officials smile too, the guy swabbing for drugs and explosives at Dover was unexpectedly happy and chatty and even the French border police doing vehicle searches at Dunkerque were grinning like Cheshire cats when we turned up.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

Here's a link to that AK trike

https://www.ak-trike.de/

Looks like you had a great time
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

Cheers for the link - the 140hp turbo Rewaco trikes are pretty quick so with 211hp (and more if you want) these AK's must really fly. Expensive though, 40-50k for 10 year old ones so I dread to think what a new one costs!
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

If I was spending that sort of money, I'd get one of these from Poland. Hand built to your specs and colour.

https://youtu.be/oQ7AcKIadHk
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Deep Diver wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:40 am If I was spending that sort of money, I'd get one of these from Poland. Hand built to your specs and colour.

https://youtu.be/oQ7AcKIadHk
OH yes please.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

I've wondered what the roadholding is like on those, the frame has a lot of rake and the front tyre goes up on the edge of the tread when the steering is turned but it doesn't seem to cause any problems in the video. Nice all the same though.