Essentials.....

Share your photos of trikes and trike meets.
Pikey Hagar

Essentials.....

Post by Pikey Hagar »

Greetings ladies, gentleman, eejits, rogues, reprobates and anyone else I've left out.

Well, having got shot of my Suzuki VX800 after an incident or two involving my left leg, I thought I'd get meself a trike. Didn't fancy a conversion nor an off the shelf one. So I've managed to get hold of a 300TDi engine & 4 speed autobox....a troike has to start somewhere!!
image.png
image (1).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ye road of life is like a fine wench...they both have soft shoulders and some dangerous curves. Travel/ride with care! :eek:
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Essentials.....

Post by Deep Diver »

Nice wooden frame you've made for it.
:hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

Bugger.....you've seen my blueprint! :hammer:

Pikeys Trike.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ye road of life is like a fine wench...they both have soft shoulders and some dangerous curves. Travel/ride with care! :eek:
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

I'm curious, what's your plan for connecting the gearbox to the diff?
King Herald

Post by King Herald »

Should make an interesting project. My turbo diesel Mondeo car gives 50mpg, and has so much low down torque I don't even need to use the throttle to pull away, just lift the clutch and away she goes, change into second, and third, it'll still pull along happily, with no throttle. I always thought it would be a good trike motor.
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

It's early day's yet with the whole project but have an idea on what I want so rear end and final drive is yet to be decided. I'm going with something short, not too wide and stocky. So potentially a short shaft between box and diff....

The motor and box is a Land Rover 300TDi coupled to a ZF 4 speed auto. Two and half litre of turbo intercooled grunt, straight thru upright exhaust......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz3BFnSTwJk
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

If you really want short, the output shaft, propshaft flange and tail cone casting from a Jaguar XJ40 will fit that gearbox. It's a lot of work though.
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

ratwing wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:54 am If you really want short, the output shaft, propshaft flange and tail cone casting from a Jaguar XJ40 will fit that gearbox. It's a lot of work though.
Nice one. Will run that through the bods that will be doing the build :thumbsup:
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

:smoke: :smoke: