Trike in scrap yard.

Share your photos of trikes and trike meets.
beardyman13
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by beardyman13 »

ye gods thats fugly with a capital fug yikessssss:rant:
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

pic 3 looks like steam pipe complete with existing right angle bend.
its in a better place now.
Help Me i'm being held hostage. bring reinforcements.
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Yup, steam pipe, cast steam pipe bends (brittle and full of air holes), bits of scaffolding tube and super thin box section.

I'm not trying to be prissy or clever, but this is the kind of build that strikes the death knell with the powers that be with regards to homebuilt trikes.

And this dear reader is why MSVA was implemented, so i suppose we can all complain about the test, and we do, but if it keeps deathtraps like this off the road, well that can only be a good thing.

I dunno, all i was doing was getting a washer pump that would fit my "shed" and some other shiney stuff like orange indicator bulbs (have seen the price of them !!) and all of a sudden i'm orf building again....no no.
I've still got my mate's loooong term project in the garage, it's only a year behind schedule as it is, ho hum....

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

aha I know that trike, it was a business venture that didnt quite get off the ground LOL

stupid dips*%t builder was asking well over £10k for it, I and many others told him to lob it and his tools in the nearest canal

he later dropped the price to £1500 LOL

think he watched too many episodes of OCC and fancied his chances at being big pauly

last time I saw/heard of it, twas Scunthorpe way, DOH just saw Riks location, so yup deffo the same
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Hang on, so this was a "pro" built trike that was going to go for 10k !!!

Absolutely incredible.

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.

gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

no he was far from a pro, but did claim to have built many trikes before

he had a unit and appeared on another forum that I frequent, from memory him and his brother were going to build trikes or something like that

Im very sad but have a photographic memory, and seem to remember his name LOL, anyway, he got the trike to that state then advertised it in 100% biker mag, with a price of £10k when finished

he was given a few home truths by people and threw his toys out of the pram, last time I saw it, it was advertised at £1500 that was back in about 2011
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Understand now. Pleased he was told to throw his tools away.

It's gone to a far far better place now....Mick Eva, the yard owner grabbed me soon as i walked in to show me it, he couldn't stop laughing at it and pointing stuff out. It was him who suggested i took the photo's of it and pass them on.

big nasty

Post by big nasty »

a scrappy owner with a conscience, a rare thing . but a good thing.....
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

He's a serial bike collector, old Harley's and brit iron mostly and helps us lot round here as best he can. Even when old cars come in to him he's straight onto the owners clubs before he breaks them, just incase they want to rescue it....he still makes money either way, but at least he doesn't just crush everything he see's, top man.

lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

ha yere to fussy abit of duct tape here and there it would b ok lol
even i build better than that and that saying something lol

THE LEP