jinja v6

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
sprocky
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: jinja v6

Post by sprocky »

jinjachin wrote:Well it's back together going to give a proper run out tomorrow I've been stamping on the brakes and nothing has Brocken adjusted the valve so the back brakes stopped locking up what a difference with out the valve I had a bit of a pause only a second then the brakes come on pretty hard there was no in between it was like an on off switch it was a bit of a pain at low speeds but I think I was just happy for to it to be on the road if I'm honest. Now its braking realy progressive not to much dive on the front So roll on Stockton
oooooow yeaaar roll on stockton :thumbsup: :respek:
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

take it steady jinj and get there safe mate :respek:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Been working on the trike the last couple of days first fixing the pin hole leak in the fuel tank with some por 15 I won't know how good that has worked till it's full of fuel . Next up is the rear brakes what a nightmare . When I'm braking the front is coming on really strong even with the biase valve my conclusion is the rears are not working right so I'm pushing the pedal harder and it's over powering the front caliper .So stripped the pads out they are semi seized so have got to come out the problem is one caliper bolt is impossible to get at no matter which way I get at it you caint get a spanner on it . If you you tube it the first video is my jag brake hell I'm going to bend a spanner up at work tomorrow see if that will help I really don't want to take the whole axel out that will be a massive job :bang:
Last edited by jinjachin on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mal

Post by Mal »

I,ve got cut, bent and welded spanners that MAC & Snapon can only dream about. :eek: :hoofle: :hoofle:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

I'm going to have to put a kink in each end and give that a go
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Another job on my "never never list" is to change the rear discs, so the whole lot will get overhauled at the same time.
I may look at dropping the whole IRS cage.

I have loads of formed and trimmed tools.
I even have home made wooden drifts and spacers, for removing bearings and the like :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
swirl

Post by swirl »

Try soap to temp repair the pin hole in your fuel, water mush the soap up, like it goes when sat In water for a while, fill the hole even bigger holes, with some mesh and the soap, let it go hard and sorted, good get you home repair
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

The tank has been like it since I made it it's a gas bottle and it leaks were I welded the valve up ( so it only leaks when half full lol ) its more of a weep really it dosnt drip it just gets the paint wet and fetches it off so it looks a mess all the time
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Well what a nightmare tried all sorts of bent spanners no good so I've decided to split the caliper that was a battle in its self it's probably the first time they have been split since the 80 s when they were made. Then drop the wheel / hub and drive shafts then disc which wouldn't clear the bottom arm so I had to Jack it really high so it would clear the disc which leaves the caliper on the diff exposed so I will change the seals and piston while it on the diff
DSC_0176.JPG
DSC_0177.JPG
If any one build any thing with a jag axel rebuild the calipers before fitting trust me. Sean I know you have a braking problem like me were your front brake seem to be working to good I'm sure it's because the rear ain't working good enough if you do yours don't wast your time trying to get the caliper of just do it like this.
DSC_0173.JPG
It would have been easier with the wheel off but it's up against my tool box and the other side is against my mini if I come back I'm out the garage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Cheers for the tip. I have a full cage on mine so not sure if I can get near caliper.

defo gonna try that way, though.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.