jinja v6

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: jinja v6

Post by jinjachin »

That's how it fix now its bolted to hub running bearings its not fixed that's why it went all the way around and bent the bolt when it hit the swing arm on the way through . The reason I want to fit two arms is because I won't trust it now its broke with one arm even though I'm using better quality parts . I'm going the refit the valve too to take some pressure off I just need to make sure the second arm doesn't interfere with suspension movement like you said I had already thought of that I'm going to fix it and see what happens when I bounce the suspension up and down. I can't put the bar higher up as the top of the caliper sits about 10 mm from the rim unless I can fix it to one of the bolts that fixes the caliper together
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Can't do no more to night as the guy at work got the wrong pitch bolts had a good look there is no where else to bolt the caliper tryed the other bar it ain't going to work it moves the bar when the suspension moves I had a idea it would but gave it a go anyway . So I'm back were I started I didn't have a problem till I took the valve of so I'm going to have to trust the set up I had before with better parts the place I had them from recon they are the best you can get

This is where the caliper sits

jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Pogel wrote:Might work against the suspension if the caliper can't rotate around the axle. How about making a triangle plate joining the two pick up bolts on the caliper bracket and having the third pick up higher up ( think that makes sense) there will be less leverage/pressure on the brake rod and rose joints. Hope this makes sense, will try to get a picture up if I can. Just my opinion but I think that's the kind of way I would do it . Hope this helps. Pogel
Just read this again the problem with making it so it mounts higher up I've still got to run spacers To clear the pistons on the caliper . This trike has been on the road since 1996 with this set up but with a smaller engine so not so much weight.
Wacker
Part of the Furniture

Post by Wacker »

I can't see how the suspension is going to work if you have two different length torque arms and different angles maybe I'm missing something but I would think they need to be the same leangth and parallel to each other and also parallel to the leading link to work properly and not affect your suspension travel
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

I'm not using two it don't work it was something I gave a try
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

can see how youve done that pogle caliper mount is incorperated into the wheel hub spacer :thumbsup: :respek:
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

with mine dave mitchell talked me throgh it at length ive used the complete front hub from a bmw sires 3 bmw
20160602_174646.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pogel

Post by Pogel »

Shame the caliper is in the way, would have worked nice. What about a thickish bar bolted to both pick up bolts on the hub with say 4 inches pointing backwards then rotate the caliper fowards so the end of the bar is higher than the pickup point at the moment, would clear the caliper and give you a higher pick up point so reducing the stress on the rose joints. Just trying to think of ways around it
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Pogel wrote:Shame the caliper is in the way, would have worked nice. What about a thickish bar bolted to both pick up bolts on the hub with say 4 inches pointing backwards then rotate the caliper fowards so the end of the bar is higher than the pickup point at the moment, would clear the caliper and give you a higher pick up point so reducing the stress on the rose joints. Just trying to think of ways around it
I caint visualise your idea I'm going to have to run it like this for a bit but it needs improvement can you do me a drawing I understand them lol . Sprocky mine is the same set up as yours how are you going to anchor the caliper
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

its in above picky jinj it has a m12 peise of alltread goi g into it ive yet to cut it back but its got me thinking wat dave michell told me caliper shouldnt move once rockers are tightend up but still nead anker bolt ime wondering maybe spacers are slghtly undersize and hub is not quite tight enogh :thumbsup: