jinja v6

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
sprocky
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: jinja v6

Post by sprocky »

maybe try ading a washer just to try :thumbsup:
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

the more ithink about it ime 99% sure that thats the problem :thumbsup:
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

the anker bolt has also got to have a spacer on yet
received_1537785866460703.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Iv got spacers sprocky they just ain't in that pic I was just showing how the caliper sits . I would be carful using all thread it isn't very strong plus I would weld them tubes to the swing arm they will twist if you stamp on the brakes I'm using m12 high tensile bolts its where the the bar is mounted that's the problem which is the same as yours except I've got a the bar holding mine not two tubes fixed to the swing arm
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

Allthread is for moc up jinj its deffo getting changed for hitence theres a guy called geoff eason comeing up to stockton on friday verry clever man got a nice v8 will get him to ava look and pogel coming me the same as you can under stand if got picky or show but cant get me head around script :thumbsup: :respek:
Wacker
Part of the Furniture

Post by Wacker »

Ah think I see part of the problem!
If your torque arm is fixed to the rocker arm you don't need the calliper bracket on a bearing on the axle it needs to be tight and you don't need rose joints a solid torque arm would be better in this case. However doing it this way your breaking will affect your suspension action and give you a sort of anti dive effect.

If your torque arm is fixed to your fork leg the calliper bracket needs to be on a bearing and you need the rose joints. Doing it this way means your breaking will not affect your suspension action.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

It's on the fork leg :respek:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Well it's back together going to give a proper run out tomorrow I've been stamping on the brakes and nothing has Brocken adjusted the valve so the back brakes stopped locking up what a difference with out the valve I had a bit of a pause only a second then the brakes come on pretty hard there was no in between it was like an on off switch it was a bit of a pain at low speeds but I think I was just happy for to it to be on the road if I'm honest. Now its braking realy progressive not to much dive on the front So roll on Stockton
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Excellent news.
Gonna have a look at you bias thingy, at Stockton.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

You won't see it its under the seat plate easy to fit though you are supposed the run it on you back brake line on cars but I've run it the other way around for obvious reasons