V8 Jake Sprockys V8 build

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Stix
Part of the Furniture

Re: V8 Jake Sprockys V8 build

Post by Stix »

sprocky wrote:
Stix wrote:Don't know if you have done it Sprocky but we always used to pack the oil pump with Vaseline to ensure the oil got pumped round the motor on first start up.
Stix
not done that yet mate will do after ive got it running plus oil chane and gearbox oil change just in case there are any problems ie oil leaks they will show up more easier with old oil in :thumbsup:
Sprocky
If the motor has oil in it and you have not striped or rebuilt the motor or the oil pump you will be fine just using the manual priming tool,no need to pack the oil pump unless you have stripped it down. Packing the pump stops any air pockets causing lack of oil to circulate,so once you have primed yours you should be good to go, :thumbsup:
Stix
sprocky
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by sprocky »

got the fuel pump and fueline in place today front end of fuel line yet to be finnished :thumbsup:
20161210_162728.jpg
20161210_162746.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher at the ready mine belched a load of petrol back up through the carb lucky the engine was cold . Have you got a return on the carb if not you will have to regulate the fuel flow that pump will over Power the carb
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

jinjachin wrote:Make sure you have a fire extinguisher at the ready mine belched a load of petrol back up through the carb lucky the engine was cold . Have you got a return on the carb if not you will have to regulate the fuel flow that pump will over Power the carb
yes jinj there is a fuel return picky only showing one carb had to take other one off to refix fuel return pipe it had come loose the twin carbs are what rick gave me from his v8 :thumbsup: :respek:
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

BOOM BOOM BOOM bin in cave today fitted me new headers curtsey of geoff eason the bloody perfect now i can get on with the build ooooooooowwwwwwyeeeeeaaarrr ime buzzzzzzzzing :thumbsup:
20170115_151615.jpg
20170115_151509.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

It's getting there summer is on the way
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

now ive got them jinge can well fire ahead with build as every thing els is in place ime frigging buzzing :thumbsup:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

:thumbsup: im happy for u bud
Wacker
Part of the Furniture

Post by Wacker »

????????