First Step

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: First Step

Post by jinjachin »

Makes it easyer to to get the lump out cutting the front off
Molehusband

Post by Molehusband »

I started to cut away the front end of the Micra last week, but got stuck on the wiring loom. Its mainly the important bits like fuel injection boxes and fuse blocks which I want to keep. Also the driver air bag was in the way, and was fixed in with these anti tamper torx fasteners. I borrowed my mates set, but it did not have the heads with the holes in.

After getting a set from Amazon this morning I took out the air bag and began to undo the Bosch injection controller.

Once the main loom is out I can wheel the lump out on it's trolly.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

The injection loom is always my worst nightmare, and stopped me going that route.
Tis only cos the injectors rely on the ECU, which in turn can rely on a ton of auxillary stuf not being in an error state.

Good luck.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Molehusband

Post by Molehusband »

This is why I was going to use a Ford crossflow, and still have it in the shed for another project. I like the Micra because it is a compact lump, but it does have miles of wires.
Molehusband

Post by Molehusband »

I have nearly finished getting the loom out, but it is still buried deep in the dash. I ended up getting two different Bosch fuel injection brains out, with two other big black boxes and the fuse board.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Good luck :hide:
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Molehusband wrote:Not done a lot. Mostly fully welded some joints, so I will post photo's of the frame when I can afford more metal.

I was taking the engine out, but in their wisdom, Nissan have fitted anti-tamper torx screws to various bits, so I am waiting for a set off Am*zon as well.
There's always Mr Disc Cutter :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Molehusband

Post by Molehusband »

Thats going to be the last resort. The ecu loom goes through the bottom of the firewall, and is going to be a bugger to get out.
I have most of the bits I want, apart from the gear lever and hand brake to still come off. I will then chop up the body to get the loom out.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Sounds like a plan! :thumbsup: just make sure you note where everything plugs in to the loom.
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Molehusband

Post by Molehusband »

The bits I have unclipped have been labeled with sticky patches, because I hate electrics at the best of times. I have the Haynes book of lies for the car, so it should not be too bad (crossed fingers).