Kawasaki gt750 hard tail

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Kawasaki gt750 hard tail

Post by Herby01 »

I think yes, hazards should be available anytime.
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

And it doesnt matter if indicators are as well?
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Its a contentious issue and the above wiring diagram doesn't help the issue of wiring hazards. MSVA says hazards are to be available at all times with a simple to use, clearly marked, switch ie anyone can use it (if the owner / rider is incapacitated ! ! !) Fine in a car when the switch can be isolated from grubby little mitts but who wants to go for a ride, park up and come back after 3 hrs to find a dead battery after a little darling has switched the hazards on and f**ked off! MOT doesn't care how they are switched just that they work! The diagram should show a separated feed for indicators (key switched) and direct (hazards). I'm all for having key on hazards too stop the above, but going by the manual wording - as the machine still needs to be checked - it has to be direct and bugger the consequences!
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

I take the point about someone switching hazards on and flatting the battery, but how often is it likely to happen?
And if the hazards are allways available, and you live with the above, its not a big step to allow the indicators to be also.
Sensibly though, it would be better if the hazzards needed a key - on or park, since, to get into a car you need a key to open the door, its not so different to park, if anything park is better since you can take the key out.
And it can be changed quite easily once tested as you allude to. Or will mot man fail it?
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

My mot man was more concerned with the tell tale light working when the hazards were switched on, didn't even try to see if they worked with the ignition off and the key out :poke:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Got them all wired up. Found a problem with voltage drops - when on drive, with engine off, the indicators interfere with the led tail lights, causing them to dim, some of the leds actually go out!
The ignition and three aux fuses are fed by the main fuse, which also feeds the headlight.
On park its fine, also not as bad with engine on. I had a prod around, and a new live feed to the indicators cures it, so I guess thats the next job, oh, and also to fit some led 5w side lights.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Not much happened recently, sandblasted and painted the number plate surround, disked off the old paint from the mudgard mounts, tigged a small crack where the welds on the rear bar ends had been ground through. I need to make some domed ends to the horizontal rack bars, tap them in, tig them up and then paint the muddy brackets gloss black to match the rear axle.
Still missing some nice weather, today was really warm and sunny.
Getting close to 3 years since I bought the heap, getting closer, slowly..
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Made the tube ends, fitted them, painted the muddy mounts. I have started the build up, handbrake, lights, seat, side panels all on, it runs really nice so we'll see how the next few days go.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Keep at it mate you'll soon be done
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Doing the final axle fitting, and started making the torque bars, bit more tomorrow and we'll be out for a spin :thumbsup: