legality

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
gareth136
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: legality

Post by gareth136 »

minimutly wrote:Pretty sure mine is a A axle (need to check my notes, but sure it wasnt a "b", and definately not a 4.1 ratio). With the kwaki 750 engine, 15 inch high profile wheels I would say the rpm/mph feels spot on, and if the gearing was any higher I would struggle on hill starts, especially two up.
What's yours like top end speed wise ? And does it scream at around 70 upwards ? I've got 17s on mine and she exceleratrs fine uphill too not so much with 2 up but would expect that I'm seriously looking into throwing some money at another axle if I can find one that will help :thumbsup:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

To be honest I think its fine - dont have a rev counter and not been much over 70....
I had a think about it earlier when I went for a blast, I ireckon at 45 it's only chugging along - say 5000 rpm. This means it should do 90 no probs?
I defo wouldn't change it. Will check to see what ratio I have tomorrow night.
gareth136

Post by gareth136 »

I've been out on her tonight and went along side my mates bike both doing 40 so mine can't be to wrong so maybe mine does do 90 after all :thumbsup:
miniondave
Part of the Furniture

Post by miniondave »

Fishermans 90 ?? Or is that KPH ?? :hide: :hoofle:

Our Deauville does 70 MPH comfortably with two up. I'm happy with that.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
fifer

Post by fifer »

JC1 wrote:Hi Gareth, I've posted this link on here before but its so informative i'll post it again. Hats off to a guy who knows more about Reliants than Reliant !!!
https://sites.google.com/site/fifersrel ... stips/home Cheers Fifer !!
Thanks JCI , I have much more in my head but , with grandkids , a younger disabled wife and keeping poor health myself , I do not have enough time to add much more info . :o

As for gear ratios , you will be able to work them out by going to my site at
https://sites.google.com/site/fifersrel ... ator-chart
and reading all the page before clicking on the Link to the Speed Calculator .
The normal standard ratio on the Reliant axle is 3.23
Confucius , he say ; man who take woman up hill , him not on level .
https://sites.google.com/site/fifersrel ... stips/home
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

"Fishermans 90" - well I dunno, made me laugh anyway.
Did the roll along check on Sunday night, it looks like a 3.25 as near as you can do by eye, so an "a" ratio?
gareth136

Post by gareth136 »

I've just dropped on some slabed yokes I've not got them yet but I think the fork hole is for 38mm but my forks are 37mm am I better off selling my forks and buying new ones which would involve wheel and brake calipers or is there a safe and secure way my forks can be used even though they a mm out ?
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Some may advise using a band of 0.5mm shim stock around each stanchion in each hole - not very practical whilst holding everything in place and pinch up bolts etc - 5 hand job! Personally i'd machine out the yokes to 40mm dia and have some top hat, split collets made, OD 40mm / ID 37mm - safer, easier solution IMO
gareth136

Post by gareth136 »

Kawazuki wrote:Some may advise using a band of 0.5mm shim stock around each stanchion in each hole - not very practical whilst holding everything in place and pinch up bolts etc - 5 hand job! Personally i'd machine out the yokes to 40mm dia and have some top hat, split collets made, OD 40mm / ID 37mm - safer, easier solution IMO
Nice one kawazuki that's the sort of info I'm looking for :respek:
gareth136

Post by gareth136 »

Yokes turned up today and I was right the fork holes are 38mm the forks I'm going to be using are 37mm would it be safe to have sleeves made up ? In an ideal world I would just get new 38mm forks but that does mean changing everything in the front end which Will cost a fortune :hide:
IMG_2654.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.