xv535 rebuild

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
animalwildchild

xv535 rebuild

Post by animalwildchild »

:hoofle:
20150822_173329.jpg
Hi guys and gals
well after a couple of years of having a nova in my garage its finaly gone so i can now try to sort out the crap trike i bought fron huddersfield many years ago(i rode it from huddersfield to home and its not been out since) the reason for this was it was 11 degrees out of vertical to the left and 10mm out of triangulation also to the left this then gave the trike a desire to mate with everything on the left of it, so as not to embarasse the person who built this death trap who may or may not be on this site ive deleated half of the number plate.
so as you can get a better idea of the problem ive removed the shocks and replaced with struts as you can see in the picture the right side is leaning a bit whilst the left is nearly verticle the mounts for the left shock is 10mm further back than the right side mount to actually get the bike sitting verticle i have to lift the left side by 3", the only solution i can come to is to remove the swing arm unit and re fabricate the whole thing all the bend raduses are different so here is the first photo i hope to put more up as i go along :hoofle:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Re: xv535 rebuild

Post by minimutly »

Seems a common thread, plenty of death traps like this about on ebay (and others no doubt).
At least you did the decent thing and didnt sell it on.
My own was bought nearly 2 years ago, i'm nearly done, at last. To be honest ive quite enjoyed it, and it's a good way to learn what works and what doesnt. Fingers crossed i'll have a few spins out before winter, then hide it away for winter.
Where are you, what bike is it, what frame etc - there is a new members intro thread if you haven't done so, welcome in, you'll find lots of helpfull advice here
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Oops, xv535, blind as a bat me..
stoxjon
Part of the Furniture

Post by stoxjon »

I try an mate with everything on the left on an afternoon when i exit wetherspoons so i can relate to that xv535, good luck with it :beer:
Everyone has the right to stupidity but some abuse the priviledge,myself included
animalwildchild

strip down first day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

That weld sits on top of that tube realy nice lol :hoofle: no penertration at all
animalwildchild

its amazing how stupid i was to buy this..... its a shame cuz its a very nice looking trike
Last edited by animalwildchild on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

We live and learn at least you know its going to be safe when your done
animalwildchild

minimutly wrote:Seems a common thread, plenty of death traps like this about on ebay (and others no doubt).
At least you did the decent thing and didnt sell it on.
My own was bought nearly 2 years ago, i'm nearly done, at last. To be honest ive quite enjoyed it, and it's a good way to learn what works and what doesnt. Fingers crossed i'll have a few spins out before winter, then hide it away for winter.
Where are you, what bike is it, what frame etc - there is a new members intro thread if you haven't done so, welcome in, you'll find lots of helpfull advice here
maybe im too old school but i could never sell something on like this untill its right, even if i can t do it i will pay someone to remake the back end but i will go to a reputable trike builder........
:beer:
Old Mitch
Part of the Furniture

Post by Old Mitch »

That does seem a mess. One option for an easy way out of it. I've got a Virago 535 Trike and It's got a ROCKING HORSE swinging arm conversion on it. I don't know if you will be able to use that swinging arm though. The cost when I had mine done 3 years ago was £375.00 + £11.99 postage. It came back with all the brackets to fit it the the axle, which mine is a reliant one. As I say this is one option.
:caveman: Hire a teenager while they still know everything
:triker: