My Gl 1500 Trike Build

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
terryt
Part of the Furniture

My Gl 1500 Trike Build

Post by terryt »

Hi this is my second Goldwing trike build the 1st one was a 79gl1000 swing arm reliant axle and a lot of modifications.
This one will be based on the same lines as I want to use it for long runs and touring.
So it will be a 60x40 box swing arm new.not using the existing one and modifying it. full width reliant axle with the old tubes removed and new ones fitted will us a 2.78 diff that is a close match to the existing 2.4 gl one wheels will be sorted later as I have a few to chose from. want to keep the paniers for luggage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xjs10
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: My Gl 1500 Trike Build

Post by xjs10 »

I think your first photo shows an axle from a Bong Bug....which has a ratio of 3.55......not 100% on that , but somone will correct me if im wrong.... :respek:
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

xjs10 wrote:I think your first photo shows an axle from a Bong Bug....which has a ratio of 3.55......not 100% on that , but somone will correct me if im wrong.... :respek:
Hi thanks not sure what it came off but i think it came with a 3.23 diff been in the garage for a few years, will dig the diff out and have a look. I have also got a standard reliant axle and a 3.23- 2.78 diff
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

Hi lepchaun re swing arm i have read Glen build very nice but he has built a body for hes different set up for shocks
what sort of gap have you got on yours between the panier and swing arm. will look at the third shock setup once i have sorted the swing arm
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

just been to the garage and measured it 2.1/2" thats why i had to use the airshock im 15stone and iv had some heavy passengers up behind with no problems since i fitted it
LEP
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

Thanks I got 2" as it stands at the moment. looked at your swing arm the two sweeping out side bars do they form a crash type bar around the paniers is there any photos on here of your trike
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

I had an identical looking axle, bought for spares, it has a 4.1 ratio and spindly shafts, otherwise the same inside. I think they were supplied by a different company to the "normal" axles.
Mad B0B

Post by Mad B0B »

lepchaun wrote:just been to the garage and measured it 2.1/2" thats why i had to use the airshock im 15stone and iv had some heavy passengers up behind with no problems since i fitted it
LEP

yup I will testify and hold my hand up that I am indeed a "chunky monkey", and I have been on the back of Lep's trike with no problems.
It's all about the grin on your face

:rock on:

My Build Log
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

Mad B0B wrote:
lepchaun wrote:just been to the garage and measured it 2.1/2" thats why i had to use the airshock im 15stone and iv had some heavy passengers up behind with no problems since i fitted it
LEP

yup I will testify and hold my hand up that I am indeed a "chunky monkey", and I have been on the back of Lep's trike with no problems.
Well having meet you Mad BOB. if it works on lepchauns trike with you on the back. I will use that setup then :thumbsup:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

terry i just bumped the fukt tread up for u as im on my trike on page7 getting ready to take part in a ride out 60mile round trip ill get some more photoes done and post them during the week if u want to have a trip up this way and take measurements and photoes urself ur more than welcome il put the kettle on :thumbsup:
LEP