XJ750 Seca Trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: XJ750 Seca Trike

Post by jinjachin »

Also measure the distance between the two cables just reread the post the cable is 2.5 :bang:
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Cheers Jinj, The cables have 53mm centres and are 210mm from the handbrake lever.
I thought if I could get threaded rod ends crimped onto the cables the rest would be easy, but I cant even find them to buy, let alone get them crimped on !!
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

I've had a idea that might work I'll make it and post it to you . I'll see if I can get it done next week I've all ready got the bits to make it had a search round at work today. Basically a bar with three round bars welded to a straight bar drilled for the cable with three grub screws in each bar to grip the cable . A lot of the big throttle cables ( 12 ft long) at work hold with one with grub screw there will be more force on a hand break but I think it will be strong enough if it dont you can just throw it in the bin
coltonblu

Post by coltonblu »

That is a really huge trike. I'm impressed.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

]I've made that part for you the pics aren't too good as they are of my tablet
IMG_20170928_195549.jpg
IMG_20170928_195538.jpg

There are two 6 mm grub screws in each post feed the cable so the tails come out the back not through the bar as I've machined the post to fit in the bar so there is a coller up against the bar . I've also got some heavy duty electrical crimps
IMG_20170928_195549.jpg
Which you can cut the tabs off and crimp on the wire tail if you ain't got crimpers that big squash them with some mole grips the hole is about 5 mm but will crush down that should help if there is any slippage through the posts .also if you don't want the cables to stand out put some black elec shrink tubing on it.i would try it without the crimps first as it will look neater . You can arrange to pick them up or I can post them to you ether way is fine by me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Jinj that's brilliant, thank you so much, I'm out on the road all week, should be back in Dudley next Tuesday so could arrange to meet one lunchtime or anytime to suit you.
I'll PM you ...
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

No problem .I've got a confession I just went to fit the grub screws and I've brought m8 back but I should have some m6 somewhere :thumbsup:
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Lol, no worries ... thanks again.