Feeling a bit guilty

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Feeling a bit guilty

Post by Herby01 »

Bought some new laquer for the tank, 2pac this time, I found a 750ml kit on fleabay for £20 believe me I was well pissed when I splashed a but of petrol on the tank and it instantly bubbled! :bang: Oh well, you lives and you learns! I was really lucky as it didn't penetrate to the flake so I'm hoping it's just a matter of flattish back and respraying, then letting it cure for a week.
I also got a quote from bikesure for it, glad I was sat down! Basic they quoted £433, with the same level of cover I've got on the Boom they want £610 FOR A 500cc BIKE TRIKE HALF IT'S SIZE!!!!!!!!!! GEEZ! I think I'll shop around and just get the minimum amount of cover to get it on the road.
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Before you go and spray do a little test patch out of sight just incase it reacts unless you have already asked the question. we use different paints at work its looks like you have used paint stripper on it if you put the wrong paint over an all ready painted surface.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

It has crossed my mind jinj, I did a quick Google for petrol proof paint and one of the warnings that came up everywhere was reacting with other paint either going milky overnight to orange peel effect. If I get a reaction I might have to live with a dodgy laquer or start all over again using 2 pac from the start :bang: i used celulose from the start. I've already ordered a much better mask as aparently 2 pac has something nasty in it :hide:
Just a side note, Aldi and Lidl both sell tins of spray paint (rattle cans) from time to time I have found that this paint is what I call a one hit wonder! You get one coat to get it right then that's it! No matter how long you leave it to cure the second coat randomly reacts with the first coat giving you patches of orange peel effect which ruined a bike frame I did a couple of years ago, I ended up having to just live with it and try to sand and polish the rough shite patches :bang:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

If using 2pac you really need an airfed mask or to be doing it outsde in the open....
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

I'm doing it outside minimutly, I can't get into my shed for love nor money since Mrs wanted to put some stuff in there :poke:
I got some stainless angle today to tart up the swing arm and for the pillion to step on instead of wrecking the paint, it looked so nice on the sides I put what was left on the back :thumbsup:
I increased the length of the tab on the brake rod to sort the issue with the angle the switch was pulling at and added the obligatory maltese cross on the sissy bar and also drilled and tapped a couple of holes in the back plate for the pad as it kept slipping down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

More pix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Neat
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

I like the stainless. :thumbsup:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Would you believe, since the weather turned nice enough to do the Finnishing touches I've ridden it for testing purposes 4 times and had it running in the drive 3 times.
I got a call today from the council, they've had a complaint that I'm revving the nuts off it at unreasonable times and causing a nuisance! There are some really sad piles of crap out there that need to get a life! I've only ever started her in the afternoon and never later than 7 pm, I'm just not that sort of person! Yes it's loud but legal! No where near as loud as other bikes n trikes with bigger engines and straight through pipes.
I have an idea who stabbed me in the back as the old biddy appeared at her gate staring at me with her arms folded across her chest every time I had her running. If only people would talk to me first?????? Well there's another rift in the neighbourhood :kiss my arse:
Sorry for the rant :soap: but people like that make me sick :bang:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

They would love me then . Some people have nothing else in there life to do