Wilmac VW Trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
buelligan

Re: Wilmac VW Trike

Post by buelligan »

Forgot to add, unfortunately it seems the carb is actually a copy of a weber, from a company called 'interco'.
buelligan

Re: Wilmac VW Trike

Post by buelligan »

What I've done to my trike lately....

Well, not a lot really, not had much chance, anytime I get out to the garage 1 of the kids comes wandering out within 10 mins and starts asking constant questions and I get nothing done!

So all I've really managed is to get rid of most of the wiring, and fit a new fuel line.

On the plus side, I've had a bit of a spending spree, and list of parts that I've now got to fit is:

All the wire and connectors needed to fully rewire everything (I hope, might need to buy a few more colours yet though)
Childs car seat to try and modify to fit onto the back
New fibreglass mudguards
Flexible LED DRL's to be used as the marker lights
Flush fitting triangular indicators
Steel box section to make mudguard brackets
CNC hydraulic clutch conversion, (typically with my luck, the brackets available to go with this don't fit my gearbox, and the hole that is on the gearbox isn't quite far enough away from the clutch arm, so I'm still going to need to make some sort of bracket or spacer)
Speedo drive cable extension

Parts still needed, clutch master cylinder, clutch line, need to try and source various bit of metal to try and make brackets for various things, PAINT! Unsure of colour at the moment, considering Rover Tahiti blue, as I still miss my 25 GTi that was in that colour.

Was hoping to have this on the road for May/June, with the kids seat fitted in time for our weekend at Santa Pod in July, but I'll be surprised if it manages to see the road this year now.

Also been trying to teach myself to weld, as I figure it could be handy in the future, not going too bad, but I'll be saving up for a course at the local college before I trust my skills to do anything on the trike.

Also been getting sidetracked with my other hobby, building model boats, promised my son we'd build 1 together, and then went and sank 1 of his last weekend, so now need to crack on with building him a replacement...