Flatcaps adventure into the unknown

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Flatcaps adventure into the unknown

Post by Herby01 »

I'm doing a rebuild and I'm using the same lever as Gareth posted a link to. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271244137135
I think whichever cable you use it will need to be modified as every trike is different (with the exception of the factory trikes, Boom, Rewaco ect.)
If you can get a Reliant cable it will fit your wheel cylinders unless you've had a disc conversion, if you can't get a Reliant cable I used a pair of trailer cables with clevis connection at one end and cut them to suit. Something like this. http://www.autow.com/trailer-parts/trai ... bles/PCB06
Looks like yours will come out real nice :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
gareth136

Post by gareth136 »

I bent some steel too a u shape squeezed a small bolt on the end and dropped some weld on it when I had made the cable to length rough but effective and cheap passed MSVA like it and has been fine since if you've got the funds buy the right stuff but if not their is always other ways :respek:
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Bit of luck today! The previous owner gave me a handbrake which fits the frame proper so all sorted! Need to weld another tab on the frame though as its only been prepped for a single wheel brake. :thumbsup:
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

No photo's but managed to brave the freezing garage & begin making a bracket to mount the brake m/c. Really excited about this project but head is spinning with idea's :killing me:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

I enjoy the build and the thinking too :respek:
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Spent the last few days of my xmas break welding brackets for bits & bobs onto the frame before its stripped & sent to be powder coated in a few weeks time. It then dawned on me that the likelihood of the exhaust needing a mounting bracket or two doing was strong so some more head scratching was in order!
Having always liked under seat cans, a decision was made & dutifully logged on to fleabay and found just what I liked :thumbsup:
Mad B0B

Post by Mad B0B »

Dry build the trike completely before sending it to powder coat, this will mean that you know that all the welding that needs to be done is complete, and you won't have to damage the coating when you realise you have missed a mounting or need to weld something extra.

It's something I wish I had done with mine.
It's all about the grin on your face

:rock on:

My Build Log
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

This is how I did SWMBO's last year - Lever is out of a Metro we scrapped years ago, std. clevis to single cable which I believe is a Reliant one...... perfect length down to the bellcrank and brake rod arrangement on the Regal axle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Have to agree with Bob there will be something you have missed or it in the wrong place .You can get away with it if your painting but buggered if you are powder coating
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Nice cans buy the way :respek: