Flatcaps adventure into the unknown

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Re: Flatcaps adventure into the unknown

Post by minimutly »

Agree you need to build the whole thing before powdering it, it feels unbelievably slow, but in the long run it makes sense.
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Cheers for the guidance lads, will be doing my best not to have to modify anything once coated! If something minor is stupidly left out, I will probably use rivnuts to sort it
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Have been buying bits & bobs needed and one of them has been the land rover mc recommended here :thumbsup: I now need to get a fluid reservoir but could do with knowing if many of the aftermarket motorcycle pots are big enough to service the reliant brake cylinders or should I find a car unit which holds more?
Sorry for all the questions but it is appreciated!
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Mock up of the cans location & the connecting pipework should fit ok
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Herby01 »

This is the one most of us use and it works fine servicing the Reliant brake drums.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371405444216
Also I had a look at your pics, is there anything on the axle or rear of the frame to stop the axle spinning in its mountings? Please don't rely on the torque of the clamp bolts to stop it moving there will be a lot of force there!
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Herby01 wrote:This is the one most of us use and it works fine servicing the Reliant brake drums.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371405444216
Also I had a look at your pics, is there anything on the axle or rear of the frame to stop the axle spinning in its mountings? Please don't rely on the torque of the clamp bolts to stop it moving there will be a lot of force there!
Bollocks,already got the m/c with the big bolt head on the back as it seemed to have the largest bore! But for the price of the one you recommended, I will order it as a reservoir will cost more than that!
Regarding you picking up on the axle clamps, there is a substantial "pin" coming through the clamp to hold it from twisting in its mounts.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Herby01 »

Is that the domed bit sticking out the back of the clamp? If yes then good stuff, tidy idea of hiding it :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Made the bracket to hold the m/c and then stripped it all down (axle now off too)
A few welds to tidy off next weekend then off to the powdercoaters :thumbsup:

minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Good progress here, keep it up!
Flatcap

Post by Flatcap »

Little update! Got the frame back & very pleased with the result :thumbsup: I had asked for a silver finish but he decided to make it a bit sweeter by applying a sparkly clear coat and Im glad he did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.